Monday, February 13, 2012

Where's Christine, and google friends update too

Sorry for not being around much the last few weeks.  Late last week, my week long migraine morphed into a nasty cold, and a lovely fever to go with it.  Not much is being accomplished here right now!

I did drug myself up with cold meds and snuck off for a few hours to watch my kids race today, and it's a good thing I did!  My son got his first 'national' time, although since he 'ages up' in a month, it doesn't count for much beyond the satisfaction of achieving it :)

Also, I've seen a lot of chatter on blogs in the last week about Google closing it's Google Friends Connect. As long as you use blogger as your platform, no need to panic!  Here is a quote from the Official Google Blog:

Google Friend Connect—Friend Connect allows webmasters to add social features to their sites by embedding a few snippets of code. We're retiring the service for all non-Blogger sites on March 1, 2012. We encourage affected sites to create a Google+ page and place a Google+ badge on their site so they can bring their community of followers to Google+ and use new features like Circles and Hangouts to keep in touch.
 (red text courtesy of me :)

Now I am off to bed to hack, cough and generally probably not get much rest :p

Hope you're all having a better week than me!


Hugs,
     Christine

1 comment:

catherine said...

Hope you feel better soon Christine. stay warm and cosy
x catherine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...