Thursday, February 16, 2012

Color Outside The Lines

Thank you to everyone that emailed me to check in on me!  Luckily my fever broke Monday night and now it's just a matter of kicking this nasty cold.  Even our dog is now sick.  I've discovered though that she will drink water if I put a bit of low sodium chicken broth in it... the downside is that she likes it a *little* bit too much!  :)


I haven't managed to find the energy to colour this week, but luckily I had coloured this adorable MFT Pure Innocence, You Color My World a few weeks back and she had been sitting with her co-ordinating patterned paper just waiting for the perfect MFT sketch!  When I saw this week's sketch, I thought it would work perfectly for her!


The papers are from my favorite 6x6 paper pack, My Mind's Eye 'Lime Twist' - Go Fly A Kite.  The buttons were cut with my MFT Button Quartet Die-namics.

Copic colours:
Skin - E000, 00, 21, 11
Hair - E31, 34, 37
shirt - YR04, 07, 18
apron - E41, 42, 43
pants - 71, 74, 77
misc - YG13, YR27, Y15, BG23, V15, N0, R24, 29

Challenges:
Inky Impressions - Punches or Dies
Do You Stack Up - Layers
Stamps R Us - Anything Goes
Crafter's Companion - Anything Goes
Cupcake Craft Challenges - Entwined (twine in my buttons)
Sarah Hurley Challenge - die cuts

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,
     Christine


You know you're Canadian if...

 You have Canadian Tire money in your kitchen drawers.

19 comments:

Kathleen said...

Hi Christine, glad you are on the mend, its just been one bug after another, roll on spring! Fab card, love your colouring great colour choices.
Take care
Hugs
Kat xx

catherine said...

This is a beautiful card Christine and so bright and cheerful. Hope you start to feel better soon. I'm suffering with sinusitus at the moment and feel rough
x catherine

Frea said...

Cute card Christine, glad you're feeling a little bit better. Hugs, Frea

jimlynn said...

Adorable card and the perfect DP to go with this cute image! Great!
Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us Challenges.
Lynn

Joey said...

Christine I absolutely LOVE this card, the colours are right up my street, gorgeous layout! thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions. Joey xx

papertrails leaver said...

this is as sweet as pie! I love the colors and the paper pieces you have done! Absolutely delightful!

Pauline said...

A beautiful card, the colours and papers are gorgeous, and that image is so cute!
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

Shelly said...

Super card, I love the colours and your LO. The buttons and twine are fab too! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake, Shelly x

Danderella said...

Love it Christine. Glad to hear that you're feeling better.

Danielle

WencheP said...

Beautiful card, love the papers and the colours. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up, hope to see you next week.

-Wenche

sari said...

What a gorgeous card! Love all the layering!! Thanks for joining us at the cupcake craft challenge this week! Good luck! Hugs and sunshine!

Louise said...

Gorgeous card and lovely design,thank you for joining us at Cupcake craft this week and good luck.
Louise xx

April said...

I love these colors and the layout is awesome! Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions!

Sharon Basel said...

What a wonderful card! Your coloring is fabulous and I just love the papers you put together. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Inky Impressions.
Sharon, II-DT

Ren-Yi said...

What an adorable image! I love it how many fun bold elements there are. Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU.

Bananastamper said...

I LOVE, love, love this!!! Super cute and fun! I sure hope you feel better soon girl!
Chicken soup and lots of hot fluids - avoid the dairy - for me at least it seems to make a big difference when I am trying to kick a cold. Apparently, it contributes big time to the mucous.
Take care,
Shanna :)

Digi Darla said...

The card is so cute. I love it.
Come earn a freebie at my blog
http://digidarlas.blogspot.com
xxx~DigiDarla

Karen Howard said...

I haven't seen this image yet and LOVE it!!! And you are right, she is perfect for this layout and the PP you paired her with!

Melly said...

what a stunning wee card!
I adore your wee image and the gorjuss colours!
Thanks for joining in the fun at Sarah Hurley Challenges
Hugs Melly xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...