Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The battle goes on...

With my migraine, that is!  It certainly isn't helping me get any crafting done, or housework.  Like I need another excuse not to do housework!


I am still trying to play along with the weekly MFT sketches, this is number 5 of 5 so far this year, all on time, too!  I bet that won't last the whole year lol...

This week's sketch threw me off kilter a bit, with those angle cut pieces!  I just couldn't find paper that seemed to work with it.  Finally I cut into my precious, untouched stash of October Afternoon's 'Ducks in a Row' paper that I have squirrelled away for the miraculous day that I get around to scrapping the rest of my kids baby photos :)  Oh it was hard to cut it, but it was only one sheet, after all :)


The aqua blue tones just seemed perfect for this 'Make A Splash' Pure Innocence from MFT.  It was my first chance to play with her!  I did the sand and sky with my airbrush.  I simply cut a scrap of paper in a bit of a curve for the edge of the sand, and kept both halves of the scrap.  The first I used to get a cleanish edge on the sand, and then the other (negative half), I used to mask the finished sand.


Challenges:
Inky Impressions - use pearls or bling
Crafting For All Seasons - Blue & White
Do You Stack Up? - Anything Goes

Now I am off to take some more Advil and get to bed!  I am hoping to get around to everyone's blogs tomorrow!  Thanks so much for stopping in for a visit!

Hugs,
     Christine


You know you're Canadian if...

 Pike is a type of fish, not some part of a highway.

9 comments:

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card Christine, love the colours, just wish the weather was really like that! Loving the look with the airbrush. Hope your migraine goes soon, i can truly sympathise with you. Take care
Love and hugs
Kat xxx

Joey said...

Christine this is stunning, gorgeous image and beautiful colourwork, thanks for joining us at inky impressions. Joey xx

WencheP said...

This is so cute. I love your colouring! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Ren-Yi said...

This girl is so beautifully colored. Love how she really shines. Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU.

Tracy Valure said...

I
Hey Christine!! I love your card...and your goal to play along with MFT! There stuff is so awesome...how can you not!! Thanks for playing with is at inky impressions! Hugs Tracy Valure

Tracy Valure said...

I
Hey Christine!! I love your card...and your goal to play along with MFT! There stuff is so awesome...how can you not!! Thanks for playing with is at inky impressions! Hugs Tracy Valure

Linda Carson said...

Adorable! The Pure Innocence line always brings a smile! I hope you get relief from your headache!

Raven B said...

Kristine this is so beautiful your coloring is amazing. Thank you so much for playing with us at Inky Impressions.

Hugs,
Raven

Michele Boyer said...

SO sweet! Those papers are so "cool." Perfect with that image. And your coloring is fantastic. Love the glow on her skin!

Hope you're feeling better by now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...