Friday, January 20, 2012

A winter birthday

If you are looking for my Paper Sundaes Blog Hop post, click HERE
It couldn't be simpler to enter the challenge this week too, since it is 'Your Favorite Past Challenge', and I'll give you a hint... one week was 'Anything Goes' ;)


Brr, winter is definitely here!  I guess it couldn't last forever, but I sure am hoping for an early spring!  Hopefully the cold will mean a lot of time at home this weekend to craft!  I always get the urge to move to Australia at this time of year.  It is especially challenging when it comes to photographing stuff, there's just so little sunlight!  So my apologies for the dark photos, I took at least 30 shots with different lighting trying to get closer to real life colours.


I am still trying to use my new stamps from the latest Magnolia collection.  This cutie is Tilda with Hellebores.  The sentiment is from an MFT set called 'More Essential Sentiments'.  The flower die cut is Magnolia's Doily Flower Doohickey, and the leaf is a die cut from the MFT Prima Donna Petals set.  The small white rose is from Wild Orchid.  I've also used my stickles to add a touch of glitter to her dress and flowers, as you can see in the close-up.


I found this fabric in the discount bin at our local fabric store last summer but had yet to cut it up, so the TOMIC challenge provided the perfect excuse to dig it out and use it.

challenges:
ABC Challenge - H is for Happy Birthday
Stampin' For the Weekend - Out with the old (old lace that's been in my stash for years!)

Now I am off to the pool to watch my kids at practice and pretend that I am on a tropical beach somewhere!  Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs,
     Christine


You know you're Canadian if...

 Your kids know how to skate before their third birthday.

33 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful card Christine. Love that adorable image and your coloring is fabulous.

Bananastamper said...

Fab card, love all the texture! That fabric is perfect.
I hope you enjoyed the beach! I may have to think about that tomorrow at the ski hill as it is looking like a cold one!
p.s. Thanks for your visit!

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful lace trim and the sweet details on this cad. Your coloring job is fabulous Christine :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Cami said...

Beautiful card, Christine! Great use of that fabric and the pretty crochet lace trim. I still need to ink up this image...
Hugs,
Cami

catherine said...

Love your card and the lovely blues you have used. I'm hoping for some warmer weather too. Have a nice weekend
x catherine

Marilyn said...

Such a cute image, coloured beautifully and a fabulous layout!

Karen's Fun Blog said...

This is beautiful!

Sandy said...

So pretty - I love the way you did that bow and your coloring is so pretty. Thanks for visiting my blog Christine!
sandy

Deonna said...

Beautiful card! I love that image.

syllie said...

Sweet and beautiful card Christine.
xxxSylvia

Paula said...

So pretty! Love the fabric! Adds the perfect touch to this gorgeous card. Tilda is colored nicely. All around great looking card!

Regina said...

Christine!!!! I love it!!! The colors, your coloring, the embelish, everything you did is perfect!!!
Have a nice weekend.

cathylynn said...

Beautiful! Love your coloring and details. Great job.
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Rene said...

Wow wow wow! This is GORGEOUS! Love the blues!
Rene :D

Sandra said...

Your card is very beautiful! Your image is so sweet! hugs Sandra

Cathy Lee said...

Tilda's lovely...Gorgeous colors too.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Cordine said...

It's so cute!
Hugs
Cordine

Kelly Neis said...

i am from MN and wish I were on a tropical Island too. Very pretty card,I love the blues. She is colored so pretty too.

Elle said...

I really enjoyed looking at your card today. Nice work of art!

mgoll88 said...

This is a very wonderful card creation.
Like the way you colored your image very much!
Wonderfull work =)

LG
Michaela

Pam said...

Beautiful card Christine.
Hugs...Pam:)

Barb Hardeman said...

This is so sweet Christine! Love the blue and that you did the flower from matching paper. Tilda is beautifully colored...hugs...Barb <><

julieprice3 said...

She's a delight Christine, beautifully coloured very pretty
Hugs Julie P

Danielle said...

Delightful Christine, gorgeous shades of blue.
very sweet card.
Hugs.

Linda said...

Wow this is really gorgeous!!!! Wow you sure did an excellent job on the coloring!!!!! love this card!!!! Way to go on another stunning creation!!!!

Francy said...

Stunning card. The lace bow is gorgeous.
Francy

Christina C. said...

Such an adorable card, Christine!
Your coloring of Tilda is awesome! Love the use of the fabric behind Tilda!

Lin said...

Your colouring is amazing!

Thank you for joining us at ABC.

Lin xx

Kylie said...

Fantastic card! thanks so much for playing at TOMIC this week.
Hugs Kylie

Paper Tails said...

Very pretty! I love the colors you chose.

Karen

Pen to Paper said...

Awww so cute!!! That stamp is beautiful!

Sabina said...

What a great card!!! Thanks for joining us at ABC!!

Pam Sparks said...

lovely Christine! Beautifully colored!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...