Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ringing in the New Year

Happy New Year!

Today I am starting the year out right, by creating!  :)  Our new challenge at Paper Sundaes is 'Out With the Old, In With the New'.  We'd like you to use both something old, and something new on your creation, and play along with us for the chance to win!


For my card today, I've used my new MFT Pure Innocence Chrysanthemum, with some My Mind's Eye papers that have been in my stash for a few months, a sentiment from MFT's More Essential Sentiments, and MFT's File tab (the very first of their file tabs that I purchased a while back).  The layout is from MFT's sketch #52.

I've kept this one really clean and simple, which seems to be a trend with me lately.  I actually had a die cut flower ready to go on it and decided I preferred it without!  :)

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Charisma Cardz - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes
Stampin' For the Weekend - Anything Goes
Sentimental Sundays - Anything Goes
Pile It On - Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks - Something New (MFT Pure Innocence Chrysanthemum)
Creative Inspirations Paint - Something New (MFT Pure Innocence Chrysanthemum)

Now I am going to get this scheduled and then head to bed...

I hope all of you have a wonderful 2012 filled with lots of love and mojo!  :)

Hugs,
     Christine


You know you're Canadian if...

You know that Casey and Finnegan are not a Celtic musical group.

17 comments:

Michele Boyer said...

Totally adorable! I love her little dress!

Happy New Year! :)

Janet said...

Happy New Year Christine. Best of 2012 to you and yours.

You've done a great job with this image. PI's are tons of fun to use.

Frea said...

Hi Christine, love your card, such a sweet image! Best wishes for 2012! Hugs, Frea

Elizabeth Hart said...

I so love this card - the layour is perfect and the cute paper piecing of the little dress - darling! Thanks for sharing this sweet card with us at Pile it On this week, Elizabeth (DT)

Archana said...

Nice and clean look, love it!
Thanks for joing us at Sentimental Sundays Challenge!

Cat's sCrap said...

Hi Christine,

Happy New Year 2012! Health! Prosperity! Creativity!

What an a dorable card ! Beautiful papers. Good choice of colours. Well-kept work. Simple and clean style as I like ! Bravo !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Holly said...

This is adorable! Such a sweet little girl and I love that flower! Thanks for playing with us at Creative Inspirations Paint!

SAMARA NAVI said...

Hi Christine: Very cool card...love your coloring and the image is sweetness galore. Don't forget to join in our blog hop - lots of candy! Thanks for joining our challenge at Sentimental Sundays. Samara

Jennipher said...

This is a very nice card. Love her little paper-pieced dress. Well done. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Samantha said...

BEAUTIFUL! I so love this card, and love the paper pieced dress too! Thanks for joining in with us at Pile it On Challenge this time, Come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)
Happy New Year

Pam Sparks said...

Fabulous work with this paper and image Christine! Great sketch and lovely coloring/piecing!

Tamie said...

Oh my is she ever cute! I love the image and that you kept it simple. Just fabby. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Tamie said...

Oh my is she ever cute! I love the image and that you kept it simple. Just fabby. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Christine said...

Such an adorable card!! Love all of the dies that you used and of course, one of my favorites, the Pure Innocence stamp!! I love her dress and how you created the dimension with the inking. Just lovely work Christine. I always enjoy visiting your blog and seeing what you have created. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

Cheryl said...

GORGEOUS!!! Wishing you a happy and healthy 2012!!
xx

crazyribbonlady said...

Fantastic card! Thank you for joining us at charisma! :) Emma x

Jenn Zeeb said...

What a great card!
Thanks for playing at Pile it on Challenge.
Hope to see you next week.

Jenn Zeeb (PIO DT)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...