Sunday, January 22, 2012

Paper Piecing with Paper Sundaes


This week at Paper Sundaes, Shana and I have set the challenge as Paper Piecing, since our sponsor is MFT, and their stamps work so perfectly for this technique.  I sure wish I could play along for a chance to win, since this week's winner will recieve a $25 gift certificate to MFT!  We also have a special guest designer this week, so you really need to stop by Paper Sundaes and take a look!


This cutie is a Pure Innocence from MFT called 'Love You With All My Heart'.  The sentiment is from MFT's 'More Essential Sentiments', I just inked up the first word from their 'Love you, love me' sentiment.  The tag is also from MFT, their Die-namics Dog Tag.  I just love this paper from last year's Valentine's line from We R Memory Keepers.  I'm so sad that it's almost gone now!

The layout is from the current MFT sketch challenge.  I'm doing well so far this year, 3 for 3!  Only 49 more to go :)  I've kept it quite clean and simple, and just rotated it 180°.

Copic colours:
skin- E000, 00, 21, 11, 31, BV000
hair - Y32, 23, 26
Shoes and dress shading - G40, 21

Challenges -
Creatalicious Challenge - Love
Let's Ink It Up - Anything Goes
Corrosive Challenge - I heart You
Sentimental Sundays - Die Cuts
Paper Play - Ribbon every which way

 I hope you can come and join us in our challenge this week at Paper Sundaes!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,
     Christine


You know you're Canadian if...

 You know that the Friendly Giant isn't a vegetable product line.

20 comments:

SuzanneK said...

Oh this is sooooo cute, love clean and simple design. Thanks for taking part in our challenge at LIIU, good luck. Hugz Suzanne

Wendy said...

Very cute! I love paper piecing and the PI's are perfect for it!

Kelly Schelske said...

So very sweet Christine!

Danderella said...

Hahaha! We were just talking about the Friendly Giant this morning at coffee! Too funny!

Love your card..the paper is so spring-y and I love that you were able to use two different paper pieced bits.

Danielle

Ren-Yi said...

What an adorable lil stamp. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Play.

Bananastamper said...

LOVE this Christine! She is adorable and I agree, great for paper piecing!
Happy Monday, lol!

Michele Boyer said...

This is SO very cute, Christine! Love the paper-piecing, and your shading on the skin is WOW!!

Thanks again for asking me to join your amazingly talented group! It was fun! :)

Archana said...

Pretty card. Cute die-cut image.
Thanks for joing with us @ sentimental sundays!

Nicole Mullen said...

Gorgeous card, love the paper piecing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Paperplay this week.

Nicole Mullen said...

Again adorable card, I love the image! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

Tracy Heaton said...

Soooo cute. Really lovely. Thanks for joining in at LIIU
Tracy x

Deirdre said...

Isnt' she just adorable. Love what you created. Beautiful ribbon - thanks so much for playing along with us at Paperplay this week.

Chris (catt871) said...

LOVE this card! That paper is so pretty!!!!! How do you get your bows so PERFECT?????

And I LOVED The Friendly Giant!!!! Never missed it!!!!! Hahahha!!!!

Hugs,
Chris

Ginger said...

Your card is adorable! You do an excellent job at Paper Piercing!

Pam Sparks said...

awwww... so sweet Christine! Adorable coloring and designing!

Amy said...

Love this! It's so happy and bright Christine, great design!

Tameko said...

Adorable card. Nice colors and design. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays challenge this week.

Loz ♥ said...

oh this is so simple and pretty Christine, I love the vinramt colours. Thanks so much for the lovely comment on my blog (and for the challenge info... couldn't believe there was none to enter!) have a lovely wkd xx

Elaine said...

Gorgeous card Christine.
I am really into paper piecing at the moment and yours is perfect.

(Thank you for elaborating on the toque subject...Now I'm learning the Canadian lingo! but over here the only thing the I think of with a giant is sweetcorn!)

Hugs Elaine xx

heidy said...

Oh this is so cute!
Thanks for joining creatalicious this month
Hugs Heidy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...