Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Check It Out


Brr, winter has arrived here overnight and it is quite chilly this morning!  We've been very spoiled this year with temperatures at or above freezing, when often we are getting down to -30C in January (and sometimes -40C, even -45C when it's really bad!), so I can't complain, though!  But the cold winds of winter make me long for spring, and this cutie definitely warms me up :)


I found this new to me Jillybean Soup paper on a recent foray to a local scrapbook store.  There was barely anything new; I can't wait for the CHAreleases!  Though it will take at least a month for those products to make their way to Canada.


It's not very often that I use a stamp twice in as many months, but I just love this adorable MFT Chrysanthemum Pure Innocence!  I wasn't happy with how the flower turned out last time though, so I went searching on the 'net to see how others had coloured it.  I should have known to check one of my favourite blogs I follow... Michele Boyer had done this same image, and her flower was gorgeous! (As was the whole thing!)  I did my best imitation of her colouring on my flower :)  Leaving those bits of white really added the dimension I was missing the first time!

This layout was the first MFT sketch challenge for 2012.  Hopefully I can manage to play along a lot more often this year!

Challenges:
Crafts & Me - Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday - Anything Goes

Time for me to drop kiddo #1 off at school, then home to clean the house.  Oh goody!  :)  I hope you have more excitement planned for your day than I do for mine :)

Thanks so much for coming to visit my blog!

Hugs,
     Christine


You know you're Canadian if...

 You know what a toque is, and own several!

10 comments:

Janet said...

I really like the paper piecing. Another beautiful card, Christine.

Pam Sparks said...

She's a doll Christine and wonderfully colored and pieced! Sweet! oh, I like the flower coloring too! (with the white for dimension)

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card Christine, these stamps really lend themselves to paper piecing and you have gave her a fab dress! Your colouring of the flower is gorgeous too
Gosh temps as low at -30C sound awful, and heres me complaing when we get to -5!!! Kinda puts it in perspective! Lol
Hugs Kat xx

Kelly Schelske said...

Love this card Christine! Love her dress too!!

Shhh, don't jinx us, I am enjoying the temps...hoping -35 doesn't appear!

Bettina L. said...

This is such a beautiful card. Love the warm earthy colours and your lovely colouring too. That paper piecing looks awsome. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

Elaine Stark said...

A great card, I love the paper piecing ad your flower. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Danderella said...

Great card Christine. I hear the cold weathr is on its way to me. Your card is fabulous, and I love the flower...the white edges really do give it depth. The paper piecing is cute too.

Danielle

Elaine said...

This is stunning Christine!
The image is so sweet and I love those papers. I think the paper piecing really ties the whole card together.. a perfect card and I love it :)

Hugs Elaine xx

PS What is a toque??

Annette said...

Love your card, really clean with fab papers. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week. Annette xx

Vicky said...

Fabulous card love the papers & image.

Thank you for joining us girlz over at Crafts & Me for our special bumper Challenge, good luck hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...