Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Aim High


I couldn't resist inking up this new (to me) MFT Pure Innocence 'Aim High' girl!  It was time for a summery image again after all that Christmas!  I missed a bunch of the MFT sketches during the year, and decided to jump back and use one of the ones from the fall that I had missed, sketch #43.


Unfortunately, this far north, there is really no good time of day to take photos.  This cardstock actually has a touch of BG in it, not that you can tell from this, probably!  I can't wait for spring, just so we can have some real sunlight!

These papers are from an older My Mind's Eye 6x6 paper pack, 'Lime Twist'.  I've used the small rectangular flag from my MFT Mini Pennant Die and popped them up a bit as well as the kite with my new Zots that Santa brought.  Hopefully you can see it in the close-up!


I've airbrushed on the grass (YG 01, 23, 25) and sky (BG 70 & 72 to match that BG cardstock), and added a bit of tufts to the grass with my markers after.  I was getting a bit of splatter with my airbrush, not sure why!  I am getting close to the bottom of my air can, maybe that's it.  I think dh will buy me an air compressor for my birthday, I already have one picked out!  :)  Then I can airbrush to my heart's content.

Just a few more days of Christmas break for my kids, not that they really get a break when their days start at 5 AM and go until mid afternoon with a training camp!  Looking forward to getting back to our normal routine.  Anyone else's kids still on break?

challenges:
All That Scraps - Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesdays - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - New Something (New stamp, new die)
The Pink Elephant - Anything Goes


Thanks so much for stopping by.  I appreciate all of your visits and comments!

Hugs,
     Christine


You know you're Canadian if...


You understand the sentence, "Could you please pass me a serviette, I just spilled my 


bowl of poutine".
.

8 comments:

Fiona said...

hey Christine...hope you are well.

fabulous card love the papers and the image is simply adorable!!

Fi
x

EELS said...

Cute little image Christine, love the papers and kite.
Cheers,
Elaine

Michele Boyer said...

Ohhh...this is so sweet, Christine! I love the little pennants and your piecing!

Maggie's Crafts said...

Simply beautiful!

Thank you for joining Anything Goes challenge at Top Tip Tuesday!

Maggie
x

Angie said...

Fabulous card love the image and the bright colours. Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly.
Angie x

Dangina Martinez said...

Wow, looks fantastic! Love the colors and DP! Thanks for joining in at ATS this week:)
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

Marcea said...

what a stunning creation for our new somethings challenge on Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week. Really pretty details and colours. Thanks for joining us, hope to see you for our next challenge
-x-

LaJanette said...

Way cute!

Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our anything goes challenge; hope to see you in our next challenge:0)

Hugs;
Janette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...