Sunday, December 11, 2011

Twas 2 weeks before Christmas...

Is anyone else shuddering in terror at the realization that there are only 2 weeks until Christmas day? Eeek! Our tree is up, but we've barely started our shopping, I don't have my cards in the mail, and the house looks like a bomb went off!  Double eeek!  And rather than tackle those things, instead I went on a cooking binge.  So far I made 36 cups of spaghetti sauce Friday, and about 45 cups of chili on Saturday.  I think today Sloppy Joe filling is in the works.  My freezer is going to be stuffed with easy meals :)  

This week at Paper Sundaes our challenge is Anything Christmas, and since I am so far behind, I knew I'd better play along!  :)  If you're behind too, I hope you'll come and join us!


I did finally steal some time to ink up a few of my new Magnolias from this year's Christmas Collection. This cutie is Winter Tilda.  I've paired her up with some new to me Bo Bunny papers.


I've used some Vintage Photo distress ink on the edges of the papers.  The sentiment is from CC Designs.  I've purposely kept this card clean and simple, with just a bit of ribbon and a few pearls.  Nice and flat for mailing!  :)

Copic Colours:  
skin- E000, 00, 21, 11 hair- Y32, YR21, 23, E31 clothes - B32, 34, 37, 39, 42 shoes - E34, 35, 37, 39, misc - T0, 1, W00, 0, 1, 3

I've used a bit of Dazzling Diamonds on her trim too, I always like to add a bit of sparkle to Christmas cards :)

challenges:
Mojo Monday - sketch
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Bunny Zoe's Challenge - Anything Christmas with Pearls
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
Hanna & Friends - Wintercard
Simply Magnolia - Christmas Challenge

Hugs,
     Christine


You know you're Canadian if...

 Your barbeque sometimes doubles as a second freezer.  (My chili is sitting in it cooling as I type!  Hopefully it doesn't freeze solid by morning :)

24 comments:

Linda said...

Wow love the design of this card and the colors and papers are fabulous!!!!! Wow excellent work on this!!!!!

Jenée said...

This is a fantastic card. Your colouring is absolutely super. I LUV it! Was laughing at the beginning of your post. Except for the house (mine is fairly neat if you stay out of my craft room), I'm right there with you. Cards still not posted, gifts buying not done, etc., etc. Happy holidays anyway (smile)!

Francy said...

This card is stunning, I love the coloration of the stamp.
Francy

Barb Hardeman said...

Your not alone, Christine! Our tree is trimmed and the decorations in place -er, until the kids rearrange everything for the umpteenth time - and I still have my baking to do! Eeeeks~ so little time left! Just a wee bit of shopping left to do.

Wow, your card is awesome! I love the blue and brown combination, and I'm not sure, but I think this Winter Tilda is my favorite from the collection. You've colored her beautifully - I'm very impressed with your pleats! Merry Christmas hugs...Barb

Kimba-Slydog said...

So gorgeous and wonderful!!! Wow!!

Thanks for joining us at Hanna and Friends this week.


Hugs,
Nicole

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
have a fabulous, crafty weekend, Debxx

Bananastamper said...

Fab card! She is adorable! Wow, that's a lot of chili!!
Cheers,
Shanna

julieprice3 said...

This is beautiful Christine! I do love this little Tilda and you've colourred her beautifully! Delightful card
Hugs Julie P

Paper Tails said...

Gorgeous card! The colors look great.

Karen

Chris said...

Whaat a beautiful card! I love, love, love how you colored your Tilda. It is beautiful!

Xo,
CHRIS CHRISTENSEN

Karen's Fun Blog said...

Beautiful card!

Jean said...

This card is so stunning and so beautiful.. reminds me of an old fashioned card and one I would find in my Grandmother's truck.. You did a fabulous job... Especially loved your colors. Congratulations.. Great job.
Hugs, Jean

Pam Sparks said...

What a hoot to read this Christine! If nothing else, your family will not starve! lol
I'm wondering how it got to be Dec. 11th already, not happy about it! lol I'm making progress but tomorrow what I need to do is not humanly possible for me, so it could be an interesting day... I will be going in circles I'm sure!!! ugh!
Your Tilda is beautiful! Lovely coloring...pretty skin tones... what card-stock are you using? I like making cards that are easy to mail too... I call them "card cards"! hehe After all a card is a card, right?! : )
Enjoy the season anyway!!!

Lisa aka Myran said...

Thank you for joining us at Papertake Weekly with this super adorable card Christine :)

Marilyn said...

Your card is gorgeous! I absolutely love the color of Tilda's dress.

Pen to Paper said...

Christine, wow!!!! I love the blue you've used, it's so rich!! This card is absolutely beautiful!!

Hugs,

Jackie

Elle said...

I LOVE the colors that you used. The brown with the blue is perfect for the holiday!

cathylynn said...

Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Christina C. said...

Ohhhhhh, Christine, your card is a beauty.....love the papers, the design and your magnificent coloring of this sweet Tilda. Such a stunning Christmas card! Beautiful!

Kim said...

Beautiful card!! Love the colors and the papers you used are yummy!! I am definitely feeling the crunch too. So much to do and here I sit reading emails, lol. I work well under pressure though so I guess it'll be ok. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us.

Joshylili said...

Very beautiful, stunning work! Thanks for joining us at hanna & friends!

Hugs Jasmin

ScrappyAndrea said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for sharing with us at Hanna & Friends!
Hugs, Andrea

Sharon said...

This is really beautiful. Just love your colouring. Merry Christmas, hugs Sharon

cabio's craft corner said...

Delightful and sweet card. Thanks for sharing :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...