Thursday, November 17, 2011

Candy Cane Kisses


Well, after our lovely little snow storm the other day and another one today, I am definitely in the mood for Christmas!  I loved the MFT sketch last week, and managed to find a bit of time to play along. It took me forever to get half decent photos though... at this time of year in our house, we get no direct sunlight inside!


This was the best I could do, after trying at various times of day and different lighting combos.  That little sliver of light in the background is about as much direct light as we get, seriously!

By carefully cutting, I managed to use just one sheet of 6x6 paper from my 'My Mind's Eye' 12 Days of Christmas paper pack. The card base is 6.25 x 4.75, so that I could cut my double sided paper into one 6 x 4.5 panel, and then cut the scrap into 2 .75 x 4.5 panels for the cross pieces. I had one tiny scrap left, about an inch square! :)


I've paired up MFT's A La Mode Candy Cane Kisses with two of their die-namics, Prima Donna Petals, and their new Wonky Scallop border.  

Challenges:
Southern Girls Challenge - die cuts, gems & ribbon
Totally Gorjuss - Christmas Traditions (every year Santa brings our kids a Candy Cane :)
Card and Scrap - Traditional Christmas Colours
By The Cute & Girly - Christmas Girls

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,
     Christine
You know you're Canadian if...

 You use a red pen on your non-Canadian textbooks and fill in the missing ‘u’s from labor, honor, and color.

6 comments:

EELS said...

That is one super card Christine, love the ribbon and colours.
It's hot where I am Queensland Australia, wouldn't mind a bit of snow.

Wendy said...

This is fantastic, I love what you did for the sketch! And your colouring is amaazing!

Jenny said...

Fabulous card! I love the papers and your choice of flowers is perfect! hugs x

Mette said...

Beautiful card!

Thanks for joining us at Card and scrap challenge!

Shanna Shands said...

Hey...just stopping by and saying congrats on your win with Southern Girls!

Pam Sparks said...

so festive and Christmasy Christine! Wonderful designing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...