Saturday, October 1, 2011

There's how many weeks left until Christmas?


If you're like me, the last thing you want to do is think about how few weeks it really is until Christmas!  I've decided that I really need to get a move on before life gets even crazier.  Chauffeuring to 15 practices a week, a sick dog, etc... and this is probably quiet in comparison to the next few months.

Usually I start a card by picking out a stamp and then papers to go with, then the sketch... this time I did the exact opposite.  I picked out the sketch, then some new papers by Cosmo Cricket, and actually assembled the base before I even picked up a marker!  This cute stamp is Tilda with Christmas Cracker by Magnolia.


It's a bit hard to see, but I've actually used a bit of Spica gold and silver glitter pens on it.  I think it shows up better in an angled shot, where the light can catch the sparkle better.


If you look carefully, you can see that in this shot, the dots on her hat look white from the reflecting light, but they are actually done with a silver Spica pen.  The Christmas cracker and the stripe in her dress are gold Spica.

I see that one of my bows went astray as I was setting up my photo, something for me to fix later I guess!

And now for a photo of my poor pooch, who definitely isn't feeling up to snuff, and is having a bit of a mope on the sofa waiting for me to take her to bed.  It's been a week now, time to feel better!


Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Scrapalicious USA - Anything Goes
Paper Play - White Plus One
Crafts & Me - Flowers
ABC Challenge - Anything Goes
Copic Creations - Saturated Colours (I think this red is definitely saturated :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
     Christine

You know you're Canadian if...


 You put on shorts as soon as it hits plus 10, even if there is still snow around.

19 comments:

Janet said...

This is such a pretty card, Christine. THanks for the Christmas reminder. I always vow to get started early, then October and November roll by, and it's panic time.

Next weekend, I'll start. I promise!

Stampalicious said...

THis is beautiful Christine, I love how you coloured her with red.
martina

Suzi said...

Gorgeous card Christine, love the red and white colour combo and Tilda is beautifully coloured. I hope your sweet Pooch feels better real soon.
Hugs
Suzi x

Paula said...

Wow, this card is stunning! And Tilda in all her red, looks spectacular!! Wonderful coloring job!!

craftycon said...

Hi Christine, Your Christmas card is beautiful, the colors are perfect. This Tilda is so cute, I've never seen her before. You've done a great job. Hope your little dog feels better soon. Blessings Connie

Pam Sparks said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet Christine! Love it... beautifully colored and designed..anyone would love receiving this!

Francy said...

Gorgeous card, i love the color.
Francy

Sandy said...

Christine, this is just as pretty as it can be. I love the color red on cards. Tilda is colored beautifully and I really like the design
Sandy

Louise said...

Beautiful card, love the image and your coloring is fantastic
Louise

julieprice3 said...

Oh dear, definately not enough time left to get all my Christmas cards done! This is a delightful Christmas card,love that DP, I got some just last week, and your cute Tilda is coloured beautifully! The spica just adds that extra little touch Thanks for the inspiration, your card is beautiful. Thanks so much for joining in Anything Goes at ABC
Hugs Julie P

Amanda R said...

Beautiful card Christine! Love the dotted portion around the image and those papers are lovely. Hope your poor doggie feels better soon!

lvtaz2000 said...

Such a beautiful card. It makes me almost ready to start Christmas shopping ..... almost. Grin. Thank you for sharing your talent.

Bananastamper said...

Beautiful Christine!!! LOVE your colouring! Hey, Hubby is flying to Edmonton on Thursday to buy a car and drive back. The boys and I almost booked tickets to come with him, but we decided we've had enough craziness the past few weeks, and enough of road tripping, lol! Let me tell you though, Drumheller was sounding pretty fun! Hopefully we'll get to do that in the next couple of years. Now that we've done East, I think West is next.
Hope your pooch is better soon!
Shanna :)

Elle said...

Your Christmas card is darling!

Becca Fabozzi said...

LOVE this image, so adorable. Thanks so much for joining us at Simon says Stamp.

Leah (*BeeCherryLady*) said...

Amazing!!!
The coloring is beyond perfect and some of the
coolest I've seen!!!
Makes me terribly sad not to own any Tilda OR copics (I can't believe I admitted that! LOL!)

Thanks SO much for sharing!

Leah ~ABC Challenge~

Shana said...

She's gorgeous! Your reds are stunning!

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Beautiful card, love all that red and those flowers finish it off so well. Thanks for joining in with our anything goes challenge over at Pennys Challenges and good luck Julie DT

Distressed Miss said...

Such a gorgeous card.
Sending big love to your beautiful pooch.
Thanks for joining us over at ABC hope to see you for the next challenge.
Big Hugs
Clare
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...