Sunday, October 30, 2011

Love at first sight?


As soon as I saw this Copica digi stamp from Saturated Canary, I just had to have her.  After all, she is a girl after my own heart :)  My apologies for the dark photos, the nights are definitely getting longer here, and the lighting on this card gave me fits!  The butterfly and matting is a medium-dark blue.


I wanted to keep this non-specific to any particular occasion.  This sentiment from MFT's More Essential Sentiments seemed to fit perfectly.  The butterfly die and tab die are both MFT Die-namics.

As soon as my daughter saw this, she was a bit horrified by the pink hair lol... I just thought that someone so creative should have a creative hair colour!  :)


Now I am going to take a hint from this cutie, and go spend some time with my markers.  I'm having a crafty day!

Challenges:
Saturated Canary - 1 image, 2 patterned papers, 3 embellishments (ribbon, gems, button)
Cute Card Thursday - sketch
Dream Valley Challenges - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Charisma Cardz - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes
Card Makin' Mamas - Cut it Out

Hugs,
     Christine


You know you're Canadian if...

 You've taken your kids trick-or-treating in a blizzard.

23 comments:

Janet said...

Very nice. I also like images from the Saturated Canary. You did a great job on the hair..it's good to step outside the box sometimes.

Amanda R said...

I LOVE the pink hair! Wish I was brave enough to do that to my own!

Pop's Cards said...

This is simply stunning sweetie, gorgeous work thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary this time hugs pops x

Christina C. said...

Yes, Yes.....I am in love with these adorable images!!!! I adore your coloring and the design and details are spectacular!!!!!!
Soooooooo cute!

Gemma said...

a gorgeous creation, thanks for joining in at Charisma Cardz this week for our anything goes challenge! Gemma :)

Jenny said...

I was exactly the same - I had to have her too. I haven't coloured her up yet but now I have some amazing inspiration. Ta heaps! x

Michele Boyer said...

Wow...your coloring is AMAZING! This is absolutely adorable, and I LOVE that you gave her pink hair!

EELS said...

Pink hair wow, love it! Mine's red but would love that look ha ha
Cheers
Elaine

Kelly Schelske said...

The hair is super funky! Not sure I'd feel the same way if my daughter came home with hair that color, but on that digi, it looks awesome!

Deb said...

wow, love this, gorgeous card and super colouring!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Happy Halloween! Debxx

julieprice3 said...

Your card is beautiful Christine! That image is gorgeous, Oh dear, another for my wishlist..
Hugs Julie P

saturated canary said...

prettiest pink hair i've ever seen!!! i LOVE this card!:)

thanks for sharing your creation and joining in the Sc challenge! now i want pink hair!:):)

xo

Marcea said...

What a totally gorgeous creation!! Fabulous colours and such pretty details. Thankyou for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week

-x-

Jean said...

This is such an adorable stamp Christine and you did a wonderful job coloring her and making her a beautiful card.. Yep, not a doubt, it is special...
Hugs, Jean

Marlene said...

Oh my gosh, the colors are PERFECT! I LOVE the pink hair!

Jane said...

Absolutely stunning!!xx
Thanks for playing along with us all at the SC Challenge Blog!!x

crazyribbonlady said...

Love your colouring! Thank you for joining our anything goes challenge this week at Charisma!
Emma x

Carrie's Corner said...

I happen to love the pink hair! Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.

Hugs
Carrie

Bananastamper said...

LOVE her pink hair! I agree, she definitely looks like a very artsy type!
Fab coloring and card!
Shanna :)

Elaine said...

Awesome!!!
I love the pink hair..if I was 20 years younger (probably 30 years younger is more appropriate) I would have pink hair too!
Fabulous colouring and your sentiment is perfect.

Hugs Elaine xx

Pam Sparks said...

fabulous coloring Christine!

cabio's craft corner said...

Her pink hair is so cool. Love the pretty coloring on this card :-)
Hug,
Cabio

Loz ♥ said...

I ♥ the PINK hair! It really suits her doens't it - kinda makes me want pink hair.. if only I had those stunning eyes to go with!! Love this card xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...