Monday, October 24, 2011

Hope You Perk Up Soon!


I just had to play along with MFT's sketch challenge this week, and decided to use this adorable A La Mode girl called Miss You a Latte.


The paper is from My Mind's Eye.  I love these colours, I think I should pick up some more of it!  I've kept it clean, and finished it off with some black pearls and yellow gems.

I've paper pieced on her coffee cup sleeve, as well as the center piece in the middle of the sleeve.  The center piece was centered over the top of the blooms from the middle layer of patterned paper.



Now I am off to get my kids from their schools to practice, see you soon!

Challenges:
Lawnscaping Challenge - paper piecing

The Catered Crop - (using patterned papers, polka dots, copic markers, pearls, & paper piecing from the recipe, plus my own ingredients - lots of layers, black, teal, yellow and gems)

Hugs,
     Christine


You know you're Canadian if...

 You can do all the hand actions to Sharon, Lois and Bram's "Skin-a-ma-rinky-dinky-doo" opus.

12 comments:

Chris said...

Gorgeous Christine! I love the image and your wonderful colouring and shading. Colours are just perfect with the coffee theme, love them too. Have a good week. Chris :)

EELS said...

Good choice of colours Christine, lovely card, makes a nice change from girly lacy ribbony cards.
Cheers
Elaine

Amanda R said...

Love the black matting, really makes everything pop! Cute image too!

France said...

Hi Christine... it's been a while since I've dropped by to say hi... Beautiful card as always !

Hugs
France

Kelly Schelske said...

Great card Christine! Love the pop of black!!

Linda McClain said...

Oh, my, my, my. I love this! and I'm not even a coffee drinker. I love the way you pulled off that MFT sketch and that paper. Such a cute image and your coloring is fantastic. Thanks for sharing it with Catered Crop.

Laurel said...

This is ADORABLE! LOVE LOVE LOVE all the patterned papers you used on this. I am jealous you were able to incorporate so many flawlessly! Your little girl carrying the enormous cups of coffee is hysterical! I love it..... I absolutely love this card! I am SO glad you played along with us at Lawnscaping this week!!! We hope to see lots more of you!

Marlene said...

Love it! Love the layers!! Beautiful!

Christiana said...

Fabulous coloring! This card is super cute. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

melania deasy said...

Wow....this is so adorable....the paper and colors you use is absolutely cute.Love your soft coloring too. Thank u for playing at Lawnscaping :)

Danderella said...

Fabulous card, great use of the colours. I especially like the black matte on everything. Powerful.

Linda said...

Wow what a gorgeous card!!!! the papers you used are stunning!!!!!!The image is adorable!!!! Wow way to go Christine!!!!! fabulous!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...