Saturday, October 22, 2011

Halloween


As promised yesterday, I'm back today with another card!  Over the last week, I spent way too much time on this halloween card, because I just couldn't find the 'right' embellishment.  After a trip to Michael's and our local Scrapbook store, I still couldn't find whatever 'it' was, and I wasn't willing to make a trip into the city.  Finally, inspiration struck and I dug through an old pile of Inkadinkado stamps, and voila, a bat stamp!  I stamped it out a bunch of times, cut them out, glazed them with Diamond Glaze, and then shaped their wings gently while they were still wet.  Once dried, they really maintained their shape, too! The wings set hard, lifting off my card.


I created the background scene with a pumpkin carving pattern... it was just the scene I wanted for Mummy Edwin!  I then masked on the moon and the sky around it.  The ribbons were distressed with my airbrush but it doesn't show up in the photos.


The paper is from American Crafts and the pearls and gems are Kaisercraft.  The sentiment was computer generated using MS Word.

Challenges:
Simply Magnolia - Halloween
The Kraft Journal - Spooky Stuff
Color Me Copic - Halloween with orange (My moon and bits of his shirt)
Top Tip Tuesday - Layer It Up
Inky Impressions - Halloween Spooky
Magnolia Mania - small scene

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,
     Christine


You know you're Canadian if...

 You think sexy lingerie is tube-socks and a flannel nightie with only 8 buttons.

24 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

Love this Christine!!

Bananastamper said...

Oooh, love it! The bats are perfect on there! Love the background and the adorable mummy!

Anita said...

Christine, this is fabulous. Love your coloring and the background you created. I love your idea on the bats - so smart of you! Well, it may have taken awhile to finish, but the end results if beautiful.

Beate said...

Your background, your coloring and the paper you chose make this a perfect Halloween card.
Hugs and smiles

Caroljenks said...

This is fab! The work and time you put into this really shows - I love your background and that paper is amazing - it has a real 'bandage' look to it - love it!

Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday this week for our 'Layer it up' challenge. If you have a Top Tip to share with us you get another chance at another prize too! Just add (TIP) after your name when linking :)

Carol x

Elaine said...

Fabulous card Christine.
Your bats are the perfect embellishment!
I seem to spend more time adding my sparse embellies than anything else! I guess because I like my cards CAS it's harder to pick just the right thing, but you've definitely picked exactly the right embellies for this Halloween card.

Hugs Elaine xx

OH PS...I love your "You know you're Canadian" lines at the end!

Amanda R said...

Adorable Christine! I know what it is to hunt for the perfect embellishment even though I have tons at home. Great idea with the bats!

julieprice3 said...

Wonderful scene Christine, Love that DP it looks like fabric. Awesome card
Hugs Julie P

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a cute card! That little mummy is ADORABLE!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWWW...Christine, this is not only super cute, but what a fabbo Halloween card! Love the image and all the sweet details you've added. Thank you for playing FTTC with us...hugs ~S~

Tracy said...

Now that's getting clever to create your background with a pumpkin carving pattern! LOL It's just perfect too. Great job on the image and a really fun card design. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Kraft Journal!

Suzanne said...

I love edwin, great card thank you for joining us at cmc this week

sara said...

fantastic card christine those bats are perfect must have taken you ages to cut them all out tho !! thanks so much for joining us at simply magnolia this week
hugs sara x x x

Rosemary said...

oh the little bats are the perfect addition to this fabby card!

Annette said...

Cool card, great monochrome colour scheme. Thanks for joining our layer challenge at Top Tip Tuesday, please join our trick or treat challenge this week. Annette xx

Linda B said...

Congratulations on your win at The Kraft Journal!

Hazel said...

Oh I think you're card is absolutely brilliant. Thanks for oining us at Color me copic,
H xx

Michele and Josee' said...

This is a fabulous card, especially the background. Thank you for joining us at CMC Copic Challenge.

charlene said...

Adorable card my friend...ps check out the challenge as you are a winner at CMC !
Hugs

Jean said...

Goodness Christine, this is sooo adorable. Isn't it hard when you are looking for just the right thing and can't seem to find it and when you do, that makes your card so perfect like your card turned out to be.. Love your scene and adore the beautiful coloring and background and let me be the first to congratulate you on your win at CMC!!! WTG!!
Hugs, Jean

Elle said...

I love your Halloween card. The background you created is perfect!

Karen W said...

Christine, I just love this card! Glad you found the little bat stamp.

Linda said...

Wow what an awesome design!!!!! Love it!!!!! You did a fabulous job on this card!!!!!! Way to go!!!!

Sandy said...

This is really a super Halloween card. Wonderful background!
Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...