Friday, October 21, 2011

Back To Christmas!

After a two week break where I couldn't seem to get any crafting done, I really need to get a move on my Christmas cards!  I love to send everyone a unique one, but it's so time consuming.  Life has been very busy here, adjusting to back to school, and back to sports... chauffeuring 2 kids to a combined 15 practices a week is time consuming!  Luckily a few of them match up.  Plus the food... before practice breakfast, after practice breakfast (sometimes delivered by me in the car on the way from the pool to school), lunches, snacks for in class, a small meal for in the car on the way from school back to the pool, then a big meal at 7 before homework and off to bed to start it all again the next morning.  Can't imagine how tired my kids are, considering they're the ones working out that much.


While I haven't gotten any cards made, I have spent a bit of time colouring in the nights, when I really should be sleeping.  Last weekend my good friend Shana came over to colour for a few hours, and brought her new Magnolia kit for me to stamp.  She knows how much I love Christmas stamps!


As soon as I saw this adorable Halo Tilda, I wanted to pair her up with this Little Yellow Bicycle paper from last year's Christmas Collection.  I've distressed the edges of the papers with paint and Snow-tex for texture.  The flowers are Wild Orchid, and my typed sentiment was cut out with the MFT File Tab Die-namic.  My apologies, the colour in the main photo is not very true to life.  The colour of the close-up is much more accurate:


Tilda has a generous dose of both Dazzling Diamonds (on her dress trim) and Stickles (on her wings and wand) to give her lots of sparkle.

My thanks to Claudia for picking my name in her Ribbon Candy draw yesterday, what a wonderful surprise that was!  Her kind words were so sweet, and just the poke I needed to get me back into my craft room :)

Challenges:
Fab & Funky - Distressed
Top Tip Tuesday - Layer It Up
Crafting When We Can - Christmas Come Early


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I have another project in the works that should be finished tomorrow!

Hugs,
     Christine


You know you're Canadian if...

 You stepped on someone’s foot. You apologize, then apologize for making them apologize.
(see post below for the first part of this one!)

26 comments:

sara said...

this is gorgeous christine i love blue christmas cards and those papers are really nice might have to have a look for them love them !!
hugs sara x x x

Sylvia Zet said...

Beautiful card Christine, soft and elegant. :)

Suzi said...

So very pretty. Love that sweet Tilda.
Hugs
Suzi x

Danderella said...

Oh Christine, the driving we do for our kids! It's hard to imagine life without it though, don't you think?!?!

Love this card and all the sparkle. That Tilda is great. I think it is wonderful that you and Shana are able to get together every once in a while...I'm sure it helps keep you sane!

Can't wait to see more Christmas Cards from you.

Danielle

Bananastamper said...

Beautiful! Your colouring is amazing as usual and I love the sparkle you added to her!

Frea said...

Hi Christine, wow I love this gorgeous card. Her dress looks so pretty and I love the DP you use.d Hugs, Frea

EELS said...

Hiya Christine, what a gorgeous tilda card, love all the sparkle and those papers are awesome.
My days of ferrying children around are now long gone but I do remember!
Cheers
Elaine

julieprice3 said...

Beautiful card Christine! I love those new Tilda's and blue is my favorite for Christmas cards. I love how you've glittered her dress just a little, looks wonderful, very pretty!
Hugs Julie P

Debbie Pamment said...

I too love this sweet Tilda - and your choice of papers and colours are just gorgeous with her. Fabulous job!
Thanx so much for joining us at MDUC this week
xXx

EnblogSail said...

So angelic n sweet! Well done:)
Caryl

Barb Hardeman said...

Wow, Christine, I just don't know how you even find the minutes in the day for your passion!!! That's a lot of driving and shuffling and cooking! I would be spending my income at McD's! Honestly! What a beautiful card you have created in your spare time! The coloring and sparkle on Halo Tilda are wonderful and oh, my, but I love that DP! Beautifully put together...hugs...Barb

Lisette Morris said...

Adorable!! Love the soft blue. Great card!

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Christine!

Francy said...

This is a super Christmas card. I love the paper and the image is wonderful.
Francy

Elle said...

Whew. I'm exhausted just reading your email. How do you manage it all? On a wing and a prayer? lol
I love your card. Very serene and beautiful.

Rene said...

This is just stunning! Blue Christmas cards are my favorite...they are so lovely and this is just magnificent!
Rene ;D

Pam Sparks said...

my stamps came from ATS today! woohoo! My kit w/this gal isn't here yet though! I think they are shipping to the midwest US last! ugh! Patience...hmmmm...where is it when you need it! haha
Gorgeous coloring Christine! Love her and how you designed the card to let her shine!
Lovely!

Caroljenks said...

Beautiful! I can see why you were eager to colour this little darling - the papers are fab too - great card.

Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday this week for our 'Layer it up' challenge. If you have a Top Tip to share with us you get another chance at another prize too! Just add (TIP) after your name when linking :)

Carol x

Lisa M said...

Well gosh,
Someone is going to fall over from fainting when they open this card!
Absolutely gorgeous. :D

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
And remember, if you have a TIP you’d like to share with us crafters, just write it up in your post and then add TIP by your entry name and you’re eligible for the TOP TIPPER PRIZE as well.
Lisa xx

Lyn said...

an adorable card, I just love that Tilda image

Thank you for joining us at CWWC

Danielle said...

Hello Christine, your card is adorable. Thank God your inspiration is present, with such a busy routine... I remember those days, and I was unable to create.
don't give up, ME TIME is very important. Your little Tilda is very cute, love glitter. very delicate layout, just perfect forher.
have a nice weekend.
Hugs.

Christina C. said...

WOW, Christine, your card is truly magnificent. You colored this sweet angel to perfection and I adore the design and details! Stunning!!!!!

Alexis said...

So soft and pretty. I love the sparkly wings. Thanks for joining us this week at Fab 'n Funky. Good luck and we hope to see you again Wednesday for our new challenge.

thanks, Alexis
Fab 'n Funky DT member

Elaine Stark said...

She is adorable and lovely colours too. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Linda said...

Absolutely adorable!!!! Your colors are gorgeous and she is so sweet!!!!! Wonderful work!!!!

Sandy said...

Great design - beautiful coloring!
sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...