Saturday, September 17, 2011

Just Be Yourself

Sorry for not being around more, I haven't been feeling quite up to snuff lately!


I started this card for the Sugar Bowl challenge last Wednesay, and I wasn't sure if I would get it done in time or not, but I finally finished it up this morning.  I was a bit undecided on what kind of sentiment to use.  This Sugar Nellie 'High School Student' stamp is great for back to school, but it's a bit late for that.  On Friday though, I saw the freebie sentiment at Paper Makeup Stamps blog, and thought it would be perfect with her!  The perfect message for a 13 year old grade 8 girl :)


I've actually split it up though, to fit my card better!  That's the great thing about digi's...  if it doesn't fit in your space, you can always resize!


I've paired her up with some papers from Jillibean soup called Watermelon Gazpacho.  I've also used some buttons and ribbon from my endless stash :)

Her glasses received a generous coating of Diamond Glaze, as you can tell in full size photos :)  In the close-up you can actually see that I did colour her eyes:


Challenges:
Sugar Bowl - sketch plus optional scraps
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Sing it! (Be Yourself, by Enrique Iglesias)
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
Cupcake Craft - Back To School

Hugs,
     Christine



You know you're Canadian if...

The local paper covers national and international headlines on 2 pages, but requires 6 pages for hockey.

10 comments:

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Adorable, love those colors!

Fiona said...

wow Christine...fabulous card!! Love how you have glazed her glasses...neat trick!!

Thanks for joining us this week at The sugar Bowl.

Fi
x

Janet said...

Love the stripes--what a great way to use such bold paper.

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Have a great weekend, happy crafting, Debxx

Delphine said...

Gorgeous card, Christine! Fantastic colouring, wonderful colours, and I love her glasses:-)! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Anita said...

Your card is beautiful Christine. Lovely coloring and I love the shine on the glasses. This is one of my favorite SS images :) I hope you're feeling better soon!

Marlene said...

This is adorable...love the sentiment - and of course, your color choices are brilliant.

Laughing at your hockey statement. SO TRUE.

gina g said...

gorgeous card i love the layout and image. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine for our challenge and good luck. luv gina xx

Jackie said...

LOVE IT .. fab use of EVERYTHING lol... real funky card, Thank you for sharing with us at Bearly Mine Challenges this time, good luck, hugs Jackie x

tiggertastic said...

the simple layout works so well with these bold colours and that image just rocks

Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs , Kenny K and My Time To Craft

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...