Friday, August 19, 2011

Walking on Sunshine

Well, apparently I need to type quickly tonight!  My wireless keyboard has decided to quit, and my little backup keyboard is low on batteries!  Don't you love technology?  lol


Earlier this week I was trying to figure out who to colour next when I came across this Happy Spring Tilda, who I very rarely see used out in blog land for some reason.  Since she was feeling neglected, I thought that was a good excuse to use her in a card :)


Oh, that looks a bit blurry now that it's uploaded, my apologies!  It didn't look blurry at all in Photoshop.  Not sure what happened there.  I've stippled on the clouds, and used my copics for the grass.  I've actually used a bit of Spica pen on her hair, hopefully you can catch a bit of it in the close-up:


The flower die is from MFT.  The sentiment is computer generated, and the papers are My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose.  Everything else is from the endless stash :)

Challenges:
Cupcake Craft Challenges - sketch
Beary Scrap - Tic Tac Toe (Paper piecing, flower, glitter - gems)
Bearly Mine - bling (gems and spica)
Papertake Weekly - Bingo (flowers, free [paper piecing], lace)
Truly Scrumptious - Lace
iCopic - Orange & Blue
The Pixie Cottage - Birthdays
Bling It On - ABC (aqua, bling, clouds)
Emerald Faeries - birthday
Magnolia Down Under - Song Inspiration (Walking On Sunshine)

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you're warmer than we are, I may have to turn on the furnace!

Hugs,
     Christine

30 comments:

Sharon Keanly said...

This is absolutely delightful Christine. Just love your paper piecing. hugs Sharon

NGCARDS said...

A fantastic card hun xxx

Janet said...

Love your color palette Christine...fits right in with our weather too! Gorgeous card!

Peggie said...

What a fun card. Tilda looks so happy.

Elle said...

Happy Days are Here Again$$$

Francy said...

Super super card. The paper that you used are beautiful.
Francy

paola said...

this is surely one of my favourite Maggies, you did a fabulous job paper piecing her dress and i love your background. Sorry i havent been visiting much, life is hectic, tfs this adorable card
smiles
Paola

Pam Sparks said...

Hi Christine! I had to get my book out to see if I own her or not and I found I don't have any marked yet for this collection, so I guess I better go do that so I don't buy doubles! EEK! She is adorable and would be so cute used with any of the other fun Tilda's playing outside! Totally charming! love your card!

Paula said...

Adorable!! Love your colors and love how you colored Tilda, she looks wonderul. Great card :)

Violets Corner said...

This is a fantastic card Christine, you've coloured Tilda beautifully.

Many thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Craft Challenges on this special week!

Hugs
Maarit

Marie said...

Stunning card. The colours are so wonderful and Tilda looks as cute as ever. :)
Thanks for playing with us over at BMC this time.
Love n hugs
Marie

Faye said...

Oh this is gorgeous. Love the colours and papers. And the clouds! Thanks so much for joining the fun at Cupcake this week too.xxx

Donna said...

Such a sweet card Christine, perfect choice of design papers and added detail! Thank you for playing along with Cupcake on our special birthday week :) Donna x

Barb Hardeman said...

Totally delightful! Love how you've paper pieced her dress and the papers you've used are gorgeous! Sweet, sweet, sweet!
Hugs,
Barb

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh I LOVE that song - and it's a beautiful sunny morning here too so you've got me in the mood! Gorgeous job with the paper piecing.
Thanx so much for joining us at MDUC this week.
xXx

Sheri said...

Oh gosh Christine! The background on this..and your paper piecing...just beautiful! Looks to me like you certainly found your mojo! :)

Linda said...

Wow this is beautiful!!!! Love the paper you used!!! Everything goes so well together!!!! Great job!!!!!

Cricket said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors.

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous Christine! I LOVE those papers, they are great!

Davi said...

Such a darling card with that sweet little Tilda! thanks for sharing it with us at The Pixie Cottage this week:)

Jean said...

She too is one of my favorites Christine and one I neglect but you did such a great job, I shall get her out and get a card done before fall gets here.. I love your colors and love your layout.. fabulous job..
Hugs, Jean

Amanda R said...

Your coloring is just awesome Christine and I love the clouds. Every card I see of yours just gets better and better!

Michele said...

This is such a gorgeous card. I love the colours you've used and the image also. Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Truly Scrumptious. Hugs Michele x

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Christine - your coloring knocks my socks off! I've lost track of so many of the newer Magnolia stamps and adore this one. Thanks for introducing her to me! The Spica glitter pen is brilliant in her hair - I'll definitely use your idea. :)

Thanks so much for joining our Beary Sweet Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge - good luck!

Cheers,
Susan

julieprice3 said...

Very pretty,love the colours
Hugs Julie P

laney said...

Super card hun!
thanks for joining us at bearlymine and Bling it on this time would love to see you next time too
hugs
laney

Anne said...

A gorgeous card Christine ;) Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage!

Hugs from Anne

Jamie said...

Fabulous image and I absolutely LOVE these colors! Thanks for joining in our Tic Tac Toe challenge, good luck!

Hugs! Jamie from TBS

vicmbee said...

Beautiful card... Thanks for joining in with the Emerald Faerie Challenge .. Vicki xxx

Patricia said...

Thank you for playing with us at The Beary Scrap, awesome project. I hope to see you play with us again. Good Luck.
~Patricia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...