Friday, August 12, 2011

Back from vacation, mmm the memories

We are back from our vacation in the Okanagan :(  If only we could have stayed longer!  We had so much fun though, and made lots of memories!  We rented a Seadoo one afternoon, picked blueberries, visited a goat farm and sampled lots of goat cheeses... visited Mission Hill Winery (wow - the views!!) and devoured lots of fresh fruit from local farmer's markets during our 3 and a half days there.  The weather was so beautiful the entire time we were there, too!  32C every day... just perfect for hanging out at the beach!  The only downside was the 11 hour car ride each way :O  I'm hoping to have some photos to share over the next week as we get them all uploaded and edited.


Now that I'm back, I wanted to get back into the creative groove, so I made some time today to play :)  I just had to use this adorable 'Make Mine a Double' Pure Innocence girl from MFT.  I nabbed her during a recent sale at All That Scraps for just $6!!  Considering how much I love the Pure Innocence stamps, I couldn't resist buying a few more.  She is coloured with my copic markers, of course :)


I've paired her up with a couple of MFT dies (Button Quartet and Flower Trio).  I did the sentiment on my computer in purple ink.  The scallop along the bottom was from a Martha Stewart border punch.


Now I am off to tackle our holiday laundry... aren't I lucky?  I hope you are all enjoying a wonderful August!

Challenges:
All That Scraps - Paper Buttons
Papertake Weekly - Grow Your Own
Stampavie and More - Card for a Girl
Stampin' Sisters in Christ - Forgotten Stash (My Martha Stewart Garden Trellis border punch that is so rarely used! With all of the lattice tucked behind :)
Totally Papercrafts - Food & Drink
Creative Craft Challenges - Summertime

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,
     Christine

12 comments:

Amanda R said...

Very cute Christine! Sounds like you had a great time, can't wait to see the photos so I can live vicariously thru them!

Wishcraft said...

Aww so cute! Love the image and pretty colours. Sounds like you've had a lovely holiday :o) Lisa x

Fiona said...

wow christine...sounds like you had a ball on your little vacation!! Beach and wine...mmm!!

Fab card...I so love that HE image and you have coloured her beautifully as always!!

Fi
x

Traci M said...

Your vacations sounds wonderful...and glad you got to make this adorable card...some of my very favorite images!! Love the colors, the sketch, the coloring...fabulous card!! Thannks so much for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Fab card Christine! SOunds like we both had the same temps, it was so nice to have 3 weeks of fabulous weather...come home and it rains!!

Marlene said...

Sounds like you had a great time, and it sure didn't take you long to get back into the groove. Your card is cute!

Lesa said...

Thanks for playing in the All That Scraps Wednesday challenge. Love your creation! :)

Cheryl said...

oh this is one gorgoues card just love the image,bless you for playing at creative craft challenge this week hugs cherylxxxx

Amy said...

Such an adorable card, she looks so cute and the paper mix is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at the ATS challenge this week!

Beverley said...

Beautiful card, love the colours and the image is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge.
Bev x

Anne H. said...

Such a sweet card!
Great take on the theme.
Thanks for joining us at Stampavie and More.
Anne

Nadell said...

Such a sweet card. I love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Stampavie and more.
Hugs Nadell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...