Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tilda in teal



Good morning!  Thank goodness it's Wednesday, half way to the weekend!

Normally in our family, that wouldn't matter much in the summer, but this summer our son is taking a couple summer classes to free up some room in his heavy course load, and since they squish everything into two weeks, he's been doing about 6 hours of homework a day.  The first of his two courses ends on Friday, and I can't wait!

As soon as I saw the challenge at Make It Colourful, I knew I just had to create a card for it.  It was pure coincidence that I used the same Tilda and colours as Zoe did in her video, but the folds in her dress are definitely not coincidental :)  This poor Watercan Tilda has been waiting months for me to find time to play with her, and I had her all stamped out and waiting for me last week so it seemed like fate :)


I've actually changed up the direction of a few of the pleats, but other than that, it's pretty similar :)  I had picked up this beautiful 'Crate Paper' paper last month, and it just screamed at me to use my favourite colour set BG11, 13, 15 with it.  The flowers are cut with my favourite Magnolia Doohickey.

Copic Colours:
skin- E000, 00, 21, 11, 93
hair & shoes - E30, 31, 33, 34, 35, 37
dress & socks - BG11, 13, 15, 49
watering can & trowel - T0, 1, 3, 5, 7
flowers - R24, 27
grass - YG91, 93

Challenges:
Make it Colourful - colouring folds/pleats
Just Magnolia - sketch
Bunny Zoe's Challenge - Fun in the Sun
Cupcake Craft Challenges - Your favorite Cupcake Challenge (#142, In the Garden from May 16, 2011)
One Crazy Stamper - 1 image, 2 Design Papers, 3 embellishments
All That Scraps Magnolia Challenge - In the Good 'ole Summer Time
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Anything Goes
Creative Craft Challenges - Pretty Blossoms
Color Me Creative - Favourite Copic Technique (making pleats and folds :)

Hopefully sunny skies are on their way so that I can get out and play in my garden, just like Tilda :)
Thanks so much for stopping by!

                Hugs,
                         Christine

44 comments:

chrissy xx said...

It's Fabulous! LOve your colours and this Tilda.... those pleats are.....perfect.
Chrissyxx

Janet said...

Wow--love your coloring! It's fabulous!

Kelly Schelske said...

It's fabulous Christine! Love those pleats!

Suzi said...

Wow! Christine, you rocked those pleats my dear. The colouring is fab, as is this beautiful creation.
Hugs
Suzi x

Pam Sparks said...

A+++++++++!!!!! Gorgeous coloring Christine! wow! Super sweet card but love how your Tilda steals the show! So glad you linked up to the All That Scraps Magnolia Challenge! Thanks for playing!

Frea said...

Hi Christine, what a lovely card, great colours AND colourig, I wish I could colour pleats like that!! Hugs, Frea

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh my goodness, Christine! Awesome, awesome job on those pleats and folds! This is absolutely gorgeous. I watched Zoe's tutorial as well, but girl you nailed it down!! This card is fabulous!
Hugs,
Barb

Paula said...

Wow girl, WOW! Your pleats look incredible, in fact ALL your coloring on this is fantastic!!! Love this card. Your color choice is awesome, the layout is awesome....Love it all!!

Card Crazy said...

This is a gorgeous card and your pleats and folds are just perfect! Tilda looks fantastic!
Sue S.

Sheri said...

Oh wow! You did good! Love the colors you used as well. Great job!!

Beth said...

Christine, you've done a fabulous job coloring Tilda.....AWESOME job on the pleats and folds! WOW! Your card is gorgeous!

Angela said...

That looks awesome! Looks like you got Zoe's technique down perfectly! Gorgeous job Christine! hugs, Angela

Monique said...

Beautifull Christine !! You have done a great job with the colouring !! Wow.

Hugs Monique

Faye said...

So, so pretty and faberoony colours. xxx
Oh and thanks for playing at Cupcake this week.

Mascha van Dijk Zimmerman said...

Lovely card, great coloring! Bye Mascha

Chris said...

Oh my goodness, you've made Tilda look adorable! Your folds are perfect. Her little dress looks as soft as velvet. Beautiful, beautiful!

XO,
chris christensen

julieprice3 said...

Just Beautiful! Your colouring is gorgeous!
Hugs Julie P

Linda said...

Wow beautiful card and such lovely colors!!!! Great job!!!!

Debby said...

Darling Tilda card, love the DP.
Thanks so much for joining us at CCC. Hugs and Good Luck!

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Christine!
Your card is fabulous. You nailed those pleats perfectly. Lovely design of your card.
I just colored in this same Tilda following Zoe's video and found it so enjoyable. still need to make a card for it.
Hugs Maz

Vicky said...

Wow, this is stunning, those folds look fantastic
Beautiful card!!!

Vicky x

Maga said...

Wow! Great colors, love the card!

Marlene said...

Your card is beautiful, but I must say the dimension you added to her dress with your coloring just blows me away.

Amanda R said...

Your pleats are awesome! I love that paper too and this image and those colors are a perfect match!

Cricket said...

Wow! This is gorgeous. Fab job on the pleats.

Jenny said...

You sure did an amazing job with the folds! Looks awesome :)

Sharon Keanly said...

Hi honey, WOW, this is absolutely darn FABULOUS. Please can you email me the link to Zoe's video. I need this. Thanks for sharing, hugs Sharon

Rica said...

Beautiful card - such a wonderful colour combinations with those stunning papers and details. Lovely colouring of the sweet Tilda, great work on the pleats and folds.

So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge
love
Heather xx

Alysha said...

WOW what a fab card - Thanks for joining us over at Creative Craft Challenges, hugs Aly xxx

I am now a follower, your blog is wonderful,what an inspiration. I will be back.
Please visit me at my blog: http://simply-angelic-crafts.blogspot.com/

Louise said...

Beautiful card, great job on the coloring
Louise

Kelly Neis said...

Oh I love how your colored her dress, the pleats are so perfect. I also love teal. Beautiful card.

Elle said...

I think you did fine on the pleats1 The coloring is perfect. I also love the dp and the embellishments.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card.

Liza said...

Fabulous work, great image and colours. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

Liza x

Shana said...

Oh my GOSH! Those pleats are to die for! Can you teach me to colour - PLEASE?!!!

Christina C. said...

OMG....I AM IMPRESSED....THOSE PLEATS ARE PHENOMENAL.....stunning work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful and adorable Tilda. Great job on the pleats :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

dragonllew said...

Great card thanks for joining our Pretty Blossoms challenge at Creative Craft Challenge hope to see you again next time.
Jenny x

Mel said...

Fabulous coloring. I love how you colored her pleats and folds. Thank you for joining us at CMC Copic challenge.

Marie Gamber said...

You did such a fabulous job! Wow! Your folds are stunning! God luck on the challenge. ThNk you for joining us at CMC!
Hugs,
Marie. Senior DT CMC

Marie Gamber said...

You did such a fabulous job! Wow! Your folds are stunning! God luck on the challenge. ThNk you for joining us at CMC!
Hugs,
Marie. Senior DT CMC

Ronda Archangelo said...

Beautiful card Christine! Love the krinkled apron...bellisimo!!

Dana said...

Adorable!! I love the pops of red and the kraft with your gorgeous BG's!! Your inking of your Tilda is marvelous and I am sure Zoe will be very proud of you : )
Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us this month at One Crazy Stamper!
Hugs~
Dana

Jacilynn said...

super pretty card! love these color. please hop over to the OCS blog for a surprise!
Jacilynn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...