Sunday, July 24, 2011

Summer Fun


At Paper Sundaes this week, our challenge is Beach or Summer creations.  Our sponsor this week is Michelle's Scrapbooking & More.  I've ordered through Michelle several times now; she enables my copic habit :)  We haven't had much summery weather here yet, but I can still live vicariously through my crafts!

For our challenge this week, I couldn't resist using one of my favorite stamps, Start Each Day With Whee, a Pure Innocence stamp from My Favorite Things.  This card started out totally different, and ended up with a last minute complete change from a rectangular card using a different sketch, to a circle easel card LOL... the only thing that survived the transition was the main image and green circle die cut that's mounted on :)

From Michelle's, I've used my copic markers and refills, and my favorite Memento Ink.

I also wanted to give everyone a copic tip today:
You know how the inside caps of your markers can build up a lot of ink?  Most of us know that you can use that for the palette blending technique.  My tip is that if you get too much build up, you should actually remove it rather than blend with it, so you don't get your nibs dirty.  To clean it, you need to use q-tips and some blending solution.  Dip your q-tip in your colourless blender from your refill, and then swab off your marker cap and around the plastic base of your nib, and presto, it's sparkly clean again.  If you contaminate one tip, it quickly spreads as you blend your various colours.

Now it's time to get this scheduled and head to bed, you don't want to know what time it is!  :)

Challenges:
Inspirational Card Sketches - sketch
iCopic - Pastels
Top Tip Tuesday - shaped card, and tip
Copic Creations - pastel colours
Stamp Something - Favorite Embellishment (Wild Orchid flowers)
Hanna and Friends - Summer
ABC Challenge - Y is for Yesterday (N is for Nesties, Feb 2, 2011)
Bunny Zoe's - Fun in the Sun

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,
     Christine

13 comments:

Fiona said...

fab card Christine, love the image and that sentiment is so fun!! Great shape too...i am not that adventurous!!

Fi
x

Bananastamper said...

Super cute Christine! I love this image - have had it for awhile now and really must ink it up! Here's hoping summer arrives soon!

Amanda R said...

Love that image and sentiment Christine! Nice easel card too, I like how you used the flowers for the stand part.

Faye said...

Oh Christine, this is such a fresh, clean card. The pink looks super with this image too. BTW, Scrim is that meshy stuff on my card. I have no idea what builders use it for, but it looks fab on beachy cards! Have a great week. xxx

Caroljenks said...

What a beautiful bright card - and I love the sentiment :)

Thanks for sharing your Copic Cleaning Tip with us too.

Thanks so much for joining in this week with Top Tip Tuesday's 'Shaped Card' Challenge :)

Carol x

Dana said...

Well, I love the transition results!! This is an adorable shaped card. I love how you did the leaves up top and the clouds. Just an all around (hehe) perfect card : )
Thanks for joining us this week at icopic.
Hugs~
Dana

Carla aka scrappypug said...

So cute! Love the pink and the way you did the tree top!

Lisa M said...

Absolutely love the "Whee!" Hahaha..that made me smile! Your card is completely wonderful.
We have MORE than enough summer here in the midwest, if you'd like me to send you some..I surely won't miss it.
Thank you so much for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our "shapes card" challenge and your copic cleaning tip is wonderful too. :)
Happy stamping...
Lisa xx

Debs said...

Great fun card, love the sentiment, thanks for joining us at ICS this week.
Hugs Debs

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely card and a fab sentiment. Thanks for joining top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

AN said...

Hieno kortti tähän ICS-haasteeseen
Kiitos sinulle kun tulit mukaan
Onnea arvontaan
Kaikkea hyvää elämääsi sinne<3

darcy48 said...

Great card and fab colours Arlinex

Susie Little said...

Gorgeous card . Thank you for joining us at ICS xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...