Saturday, July 23, 2011

Shaker Ornament


After seeing Kylie's beautiful shaker ornament the other day, I just had to make one up for the interactive challenge at Anyone for Anya.  I had this adorable Candle Emma from CC Designs that I hadn't inked up yet, so I decided that she would be perfect for this!  She is a bit bigger than the image Kylie used, so I kept mine a bit simpler for decorations in order to not cover her head up.


I've used some short glitter beads that have been in my craft stash for ages.  I've also covered Emma's dress with Dazzling Diamonds glitter.


I actually cut apart my sizzix replacement plate packaging to use the acetate for the cover.  It's always good to re-purpose :)  I've used the same 'Girl's Paperie' Paper that I used on my card last week, since it was sitting out still, and I just love it!

Challenges:
Anyone for Anya - Interactive
Stamp and Create - ribbons and bows
All That Scraps - Christmas in July
ABC Challenge - Y is for Yesterday (H is for Holidays,  Nov. 10, 2010)

Now I am off to get some things done around the house.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,
     Christine

7 comments:

Amy said...

What a wonderful idea and such a super cute ornament! Your coloring is beautiful and I love the added sparkle to her dress! Thanks for joining us at the ATS challenge this week!

Amanda R said...

Too cute Christine! Great idea to use up some old stash and repurpose stuff and I love the paper and the shape you used for the ornament. I just can't quite think of Christmas yet in this 100 degree heat!

Marlene said...

Oh, that is gorgeous, Christine! I love shaker cards....and this is fabulous. Thanks for sharing!

Bananastamper said...

She is gorgeous! I love how you did up her dress!

Susan said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christine! I still have a shaker card on my to-do list! Thanks for joining in the Interactive Challenge at AFA this week!
Susan xxox
http://stamponme.blogspot.com/

Lindsay said...

Cute ornament!

Nancy Thomas said...

Christine - this is so fun - love the sparkly dress and the shaker idea. Thank you for joining in the ATS challenge this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...