Monday, July 11, 2011

Rolling into Summer & Candy Winner!


Ah, I love summer!  Can you tell?  A card, three days in a row!  And several more in the works.  We're tied down here while my son takes health as a summer class to make room for more academic classes during the school year, so if we're stuck in town, I might as well put my free time to good use!

My poor Maggies have been so ignored, I just had to play with this cutie, Explore Tilda!  She is out enjoying the summer sun for both of us, since it won't stop raining here, and if it did, the mosquitoes are so bad you don't want to go out anyway!


I've paired her up with some older My Mind's Eye papers from my stash, some seam binding and a few pearls.  I coloured her up a few weeks back, so I don't have the list of colours, sorry!  Hopefully you can see the Diamond Glaze on the magnifying glass and wings in the closeup.


Challenges:
Magnolia-licious Highlites - sketch
One Crazy Stamper - 1 image, 2 Design Papers, 3 embellishments
Totally Gorjuss - Summertime
Card Makin' Mamas - Summertime
Creative Craft Challenges - Pretty Blossoms
Oldie But A Goodie Challenge - Anything Goes
All That Scraps Magnolia Challenge - In the Good 'ole Summer Time...
Cupcake Craft Challenges - In the Garden (#142)
Karen's Doodles - Summer Fun
ABC Challenge - Y is for yesterday:  I chose N is for Nesties, from February 2, 2011

And now for the winner of my blog candy that was delayed almost a month.  My apologies for the delay.  I had timed the end of my candy perfectly so that it would be all wrapped up leading up to two trips away, but the Canada Post Strike through a monkey wrench into my plans, and by the time it was over, I was prepping to head out to chaperone 30 swimmers for 5 days.  Do you know how much food 30 swimmers eat in 5 days?  It boggles the mind... good thing I did a lot of the cooking before we left, because that would not have been fun to make in a hotel room kitchenette.

Enough blabbering, right?  Random.org did it's thing, and it drew #2, Fiona!


Congrats, Fiona!  I guess this one is going across the pond :)

Thanks everyone for playing along!  And thanks for stopping by!

                Hugs,
                         Christine

31 comments:

Chris (catt871) said...

OMG Christine, this is ADORABLE!!!!!! Soooo cute!! I love that Tilda (for some reason I don't have her?!?! LOL) I love the paper and the layout, so very summery!!!!!

Josie0602 said...

Your card is so adorable!! I love the colors and the magnifying glass is just too cute!!

Janet said...

Gorgeous, just plain gorgeous!

Frea said...

Hi Christine, what a lovely summery card!! I have this Maggie myself and just LOVE her!! Hugs ,Frea

Barb Hardeman said...

I love it! I love it! I love it! What an ideal shape your panel is on that gorgeous paper. The ribbon, bow and flowers are absolutely perfect!!!
Hugs,
Barb

Monique said...

That's so cute Christine !

Hugs Monique

paola said...

So bright and cheerful and amazing coloring a real stunner, welcome back to playing and blogging
smiles
Paola

julieprice3 said...

Such a pretty image. You've done a great job of colouring!
Hugs Julie P

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Christine!
OMG!! your card is beautiful. The red is perfect to make this card pop.
I love your coloring and the DP's are great.
Hugs Maz

Kelly Schelske said...

Love this Christine and how she's on the hill, fabulous!

Jenny said...

Very cute! I just love that image and the bright colours you used :)

Paula said...

Very pretty! Your coloring looks Incredible!!!! Love this :)

Amanda R said...

Very cute Christine! I love the nice bright colors and your coloring is awesome!

Marlene said...

This card is stinking adorable! I love that image...so cute. Congrats to Fiona!

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Oh I love this card it is soooo beautiful!!!

Chris said...

Christine, your card is adorable! I so love the red! Your photos are crisp and clear showing the details perfectly. You did a perfect job! Love it!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Craftyanny said...

Love it Chris, what a cutie
Thanks for playing along with KD and good luck.
Anne x

Shelly said...

Hi! Such a gorgeous card... and a great challenge to have chosen! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft Challenges! Shelly x

Jane H said...

Just beautiful!

Elle said...

Your card is simply charming!

Nikbee said...

This is such a pretty card. I love the image. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.
Nikki x

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, what a pretty card.
Congrats to Fiona

Cricket said...

Adorable! I love this image.

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous coloring and adorable card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Sharon Keanly said...

Oh WOW Christine, your card is absolutely gorgeous. Just love the red!!! Stunning colouring of Tilda. A super Summer card. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Totally Gorjuss this week. hugs Sharon

Pam Sparks said...

If she isn't the cutest thing today! Just screams Summer fun, doesn't she?!!! I'm inspired! So glad you linked up to the All That Scraps Magnolia Challenge! Thanks for playing!

Debby said...

Aawwww, Tilda among the flowers, so sweet! Beautiful creation!
Thanks so much for joining us at CCC. Hugs and Good Luck!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Christine, what a stunning card. The image is so sweet and your papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Fiona said...

fabby card christine...just noticed I have won your candy to...woo hoo.

Thanks so much.

fi
x

Cordine said...

beautiful card!
Hugs
Cordine

Dana said...

Christine this is such a cute Tilda!! I hadn't seen her before now and I just love her! You've done an amazing job on your coloring and the entire layout. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at One Crazy Stamper this month : )
Hugs~
Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...