Saturday, July 9, 2011

Pure Innocence Crazy for Daisies

After about 2 weeks off, I have finally found some time to craft!  It felt so good to play with my markers and take time to relax after a crazy, crazy month.  It's not very often that I'm really happy with how a card turns out, but I think this one turned out pretty well!  :)


When I saw the current MFT sketch, I just had to colour up this adorable MFT Pure Innocence 'Crazy For Daisies'.  I've actually paired her up with a sentiment from MFT's Pure Innocence 'My Balloon'.  I'm still working on deepening the shading on my skin tones.  I've used palette blending to add some darker browns, since I still can't bring myself to add E33 directly to her face :)

Copic Colours:
Skin- E000, 00, 21, 11, 33
Hair- E30, 31, 33, 35, 37
Dress, shoes- B0000, 000, 00, 02
Flowers- Y15, 17, 11, W0, YG63, 67

I've also done the inside up to match:

I've used my MFT Flower Trio Die-namics to decorate the inside.

With the Canada Post strike and my two trips out of town, I was forced to delay my blog candy draw from the original date.  There is still one day left to enter if you're interested, the link is at the top of my sidebar.

Challenges:
Color Me Creative - Favorite Copic Technique - palette blending
Stamp and Create - ribbons and bows
Simon Says Stamp - Stitching
Penny's Challenges - Happy Birthday
Wags 'n Whiskers Challenge - Birthday
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Sewing
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Everybody Art Challenge - Use Shapes (Spellbinders labels 11)
All That Scraps Wednesdays Challenge - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by!

                Hugs,
                         Christine

13 comments:

Fiona said...

gorgeous card, love those papers and the colouring is fabby!!

Fi
x

Michele Spera said...

Beautiful card, Love the colors on your image, you did a wonderful job! Thank you for joining us at Color Me Creative
Hugs'Michele

Amanda R said...

Love those papers and I think the coloring is wonderful, I can definitely see the shading on her face so wouldn't change what you are doing, it looks great!

Jenny said...

Not just pretty well - but really really well. Love the colours and the image and ... everything.

Shannin said...

I think you card turned out just darling. Its so bright and cheerful. Thank you so much for joining us for "Anything Goes" at Craft Your Passion Challenges. Good Luck :)

Shannin

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

So sweet! Great job!
Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful creation with us over at Penny's Challenge. Hope to see you again next time!!

Darlene
PPCC DT

Janet said...

What a great card Christine. Love the sunny yellow.

Amy said...

I think your card turned out fabulous! Love the PI girl and your color scheme is so cheerful and sunny, awesome card! Thanks for joining us at the ATS challenge this week!

ahlers5 said...

What a sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Wags 'n Whiskers.
Diane

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous beautiful card and such pretty colours.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge this week.
luv
Debby

Brook said...

What a pretty card. I love that image and your color combo is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at the CMC Copic Challenge.

charlene said...

What a cute little card Christine thanks for playing along with us at CMC Challenge group.
Hugs

Mel said...

Adorable card. Your image is just so cute. Thank you for joining us at CMC Copic challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...