Sunday, July 17, 2011

Catch a Falling Star

I seem to be on a creative roll right now; I am loving all of the free time that summer has brought!  The past two days have been so beautiful!  I think tomorrow I will take a crafting break, and go check out some of the funky stores in our university area.  A stroll sounds really nice right now!

I did struggle a bit with the lighting on this one, sorry! 


My card today uses one of the older Some Odd Girl digis, Star Bright Tia.  The Some Odd Girl challenge right now is to case one of their designers.  I decided to case the 'Some Odd Girl' herself, Kristy!


Last night was a bad time to run out of gems.  Since our local scrapbook store was already closed, I ended up hitting Michael's, and bought these gems there.  Unfortunately, I didn't realize that every gem was attached side by side on the roll.  I ended up having to pull each gem off of it's adhesive and glue them on with my two-way glue, very time consuming!  Plus, once they were down, there was no moving them to adjust!  lol... Time to stock up on gems... maybe an i-rock?  If you have one, let me know what you think of it!

 Copic Colours: Y11, 13, 15 / R22, 24, 27, 29 / E000, 00, 21, 11, 93 / E30, 31, 34, 35 / C00, N5

The gems do sparkle nicely though, as you can see in the closeup!

Now I'm off to fix dinner for my munchkins... Thanks for stopping by!

Challenges:
Some Odd Girl - Case challenge (this card by Kristy here)
Do It With Digis - Spots or Stripes (I used spots)
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
ABC Challenge - Y is for Yesterday (J is for Jewels & gems, Dec. 8, 2010)
Going Grey With Scrap Creations - Recipe - At least 2 DP and 2 different Embellishments
Creative Inspirations - No Flowers allowed
All Sorts Challenge - Free & Easy

Thanks so much for stopping by!

                                                               Hugs,
                                                                   Christine

14 comments:

Marlene said...

Adorable image! I had nearly forgotten about Some Odd Girl images...I should look them up again! Thanks for the reminder.

Your card really is stinkin' cute!

Crystal said...

This is so adorable, love the image. I haven't seen many of these stamps before. Great coloring too! What is an irock?

Sarah Rice said...

so darling! i love the bling! makes me wanna use my irock!

thanks for playing with us at some odd girl

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card and thanks for sharing with C.I this week and good luck.

Fleur said...

A great card, the image is fab. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Nicola said...

Fab card with a great image and the bling is gorgeous!
Thanks for entering our Free and Easy themed challenge this week at Allsorts and good luck!
Love Nicola xxx

Michelle said...

Great card fab gems. Thanks for joining us at Do it with Digis.
love Michelle x

NGCARDS said...

This is a fantastic card hun! Thanks for joining in with our theme of No Flowers Allowed over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

Scraphorse - Åsa said...

Your card is beautiful!

Thanks for playing with us at Some Odd Girl!

Vee said...

This is a really sweet card. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Sandi said...

Love how you put the gems on. Great card!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Christine, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your papers are perfect. The bling looks fab. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Becca Fabozzi said...

so cute! love the red buttons. Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp

Kristy said...

Oh my! I'm so flattered you lifted me :D I love your take, you did a fabulous job! Thanks for being Odd!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...