Saturday, June 11, 2011

Tilda with Cherries for a Guest DT spot!

I am so excited that this week, I won the chance to guest design for Simply Magnolia!  Since Magnolia is  one of my favorite stamp lines, how could I resist?  Their challenge this week is a fantastic sketch, which totally suits my card style.


This cutie is Tilda with Cherries from last year.  I've pulled out my airbrush to give her the antique'd background.  I've used red for the second time this week.  I actually enjoy colouring with them, does that make me strange?

I wanted to add a small tag and decided to use a die that works in the Crop-a-dile.  Apparently their dies don't punch well... my thanks to the kind lady at my LSS that managed to get it punched enough of the way through that I could finish it off with my scissors!


The flowers are all Wild Orchid.  I've also used some seam binding and a heart die from My Favorite Things.

Copic colours:
skin - E0000, 000, 00, 11, W0, 00
hair, shoes - E30, 21, 23, 25, 27
dress etc - R20, 22, 24, 27, 29, W1, W3
basket - E21, W3

Of course, I'm going to enter this into some challenges:
Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Anything Goes
Magnolia Mania - Floral
TOMIC - Happy Birthday
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Here Comes Summer
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Partytime Tuesdays - Summer Birthdays
Bearly Mine - Anything Goes
iCopic - Brown Hair
Drunken Stampers - Birthdays
Simon Says Stamp - Fruity
Do You Stack Up - Birthdays

Now as you may have noticed from yesterday's post, I am actually away this weekend, but will have to try to link these up over the hotel wifi, if it works!  Hopefully this goes up as scheduled, and all is well in Bloggerland.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

                Hugs,
                         Christine

28 comments:

sara said...

It's gorgeous Christine love all the reds fab colouring congrats on your guest spot x
Hugs sara x x

Janet said...

Congrats on your guest DT spot! Your card is just gorgeous. Love the airbrushing work.

Amanda R said...

Congrats Christine! Great card and I love the red! Hope all goes well with the swim meet!

Doreen said...

This is oh so gorgeous.Thanks for sharing this with us at Bearly Mine.xxx

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card love the image and papers. Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with hugs Shirleyxxx

Fiona said...

this is gorgeous Christine...fab layout and such beautiful papers. Fabby colouring too...don't know why you are going to a colouring class...you're ace at it!!

Fi
x

Marlene said...

Splendid card! Love your coloring skills and your layers are gorgeous!

Stephanie said...

She is very cute! Wonderful job. Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers and hope to see you again on 6/19 for our button challenge.

Hugs,
Stephanie

Disp6194 said...

This really lovely Christine! I love the red and the airbrushed background is wonderful. Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine ……..
Hugs
Judith

Irene Daryanto said...

What a beautiful card, love how you color Tilda, Thanks for joining TOMIC 1st challenge.
Hugs from Indonesia,
Irene

Chris said...

A gorgeous card Christine! Love your colouring and wonderful design. Thank you for entering our first TOMIC challenge. Hugs, Chris :)

Faye said...

What super news and a fantastic card. I love the pretty papers and colours you've used. This is a totally delish project. Hope the weekend is going well. xxx

thescrapmaster said...

Your coloring is so stunning. Beautiful job with the brown hair coloring. You totally rocked the iCopic challenge this week!
Hugs,
Samantha
iCopic DT Leader
www.thescrapmaster.com

Christine said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card!! Love the embellishments and how you combined them. Beautiful colored image too! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!!
xoxo, Christine

Cricket said...

Beautiful card.

cabio's craft corner said...

I love the pretty DP you picked for this card Christine and the image is colored beautifully :-)
Hugs,
Cabio

Beth said...

Beautiful, Christine! Your coloring and background are fabulous, as well as the dp's, flowers, layout. Love it!

Karen's Fun Blog said...

Very, very pretty! : )

Elle said...

I want some cherries! Love your design elements.

Rene said...

This is gorgeous!!! Love how you colored her hair!
Rene :D

Lisette Morris said...

SO Pretty!! Love the coloring and layout! Congrats on your Guest DT!

Zoe said...

Congratulations on your guest spot!! And you sure did create a beautiful creation. I love the colours you chose and the papers you coordinated with. Thank you so much for joining our very first challenge at TOMIC. Hugs, Zoe xxoo

Barb Hardeman said...

Such a sweet card Christine! Congratulations on you Guest DT position. A great honor and well deserved...hugs...Barb

Linda said...

Congrats and super cute card!!!! Great job!!!!

Christina C. said...

Congratulations! This is a super cute card!

Bananastamper said...

Beautiful! Congrats on your guest DT spot! Love the seam binding, should get me some of that!

Chris said...

So sweet, Christine! I love the red! Your Tilda is adorable It's such a sweet card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...