Saturday, June 4, 2011

Die Storage

***Don't forget to enter my blog candy while you're here!***

I've been meaning to do a post on my metal die storage ever since I did my rubber stamp storage post way back in November.  It's really ironic that when I wrote that post we were having miserable weather, and six months later, we're still having miserable weather!  LOL... I must have jinxed us by putting away our winter coats last week.  Now it's cold and raining, and they were calling for snow last night (but if we got any, it melted before I got up, thank goodness!).

I like to have all of my main supplies portable, so that it's easier to go to crops or playdates at the LSS.  I also hate to risk losing my dies, so I came up with the idea to store my dies in a zip up cd carry case with metal inserts in the cd slots.


Everything gets zipped up nice and tight, and it's so portable!  Most of the dies fit in just perfectly.


A few of my longer ones I have put on longer magnetic sheets, and they just overlap a bit at the top.


I bought the magnet in a large sheet from Dick Blick, but I'm sure you could find it somewhere locally too.  I just drew lines on the back to the size I needed for my pockets, leaving a couple longer for the long dies.  My rubber scissors cut through it perfectly.


I can actually fit two sets each of my MFT metal die cut sets in each pocket.  I have all of my longer border dies put on one sheet side by side.

I hope you like my die storage!

                Hugs,
                         Christine

9 comments:

Crystal said...

Great idea Christine thanks for sharing. I really need to do this with mine.

Annette said...

Great idea with the CD holder. I've just ordered some magnetic sheets and am waiting for them to arrive, but I was wondering what to hold them in, this is great! Thanks for sharing your idea. Annette xx

Elaine said...

Thanks for the great idea! I was just getting ready to give away a cd holder that wasn't being used.

martina's kaartjes said...

thanks for the tip ! great !
greetings, martina
x

LINDA W. said...

GREAT storage for your dies TFS.
If you get too cold come to Texas
it's been in the 90's this week
and it will get allot hotter before
the end of Sept.
hugs from hot Texas
Linda

Amanda R said...

Great idea Christine! I bought some of the magnets at me local hardware store, they are register covers and work just fine. Yours is nicer thought cause mine isn't portable, too darn heavy!

KanataNewf said...

very clever - I store mine in CD cases on magnetic paper but portability is definitely an issue.

Ronda Archangelo said...

I hang mine on a Clip-It-Up but this is a definite plus. Love it.

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Brilliant!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...