Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tilda with Balloon gift card purse

After a dreary day of rain, it was wonderful to pull out my bright Echo Park Summer Days papers and bring some fun into my day today!  I've been looking at various gift card purses, wanting to make one.  In the end though, I opted for simplicity, and instead of using a template or tutorial, I just winged it!  Typical Christine!  lol

 I took a sheet of 8.5 by 11 inch cardstock, scored it in the middle at 5.25 inches, and along each of the long sides at .5, 1 and 1.5 inches.  I then folded these in like pleats, cut a notch in the bottom to reduce the bulk in the fold, and then glued the two inside pleats with Terrifically Tacky tape.  I attached the ribbons with brads simply out of necessity... for the life of me, I couldn't find my eyelet setter!  LOL


I've used a Magnolia Doohickey flower and a Lily of the Valley Dreamy Days sentiment.  The balloon got a generous dose of Diamond Glaze, too.

Copic colours:
skin - E000, 00, 93, chalk for blush
hair, shoes - E30, 31, 33, 35, 37
Dress, bow, socks - V0000, 000, 01, 12, 15, 17
Balloon - RV21, 23, 25, 29
Shadow - W00, T0, V000

Challenges:
Card Positioning Systems - sketch
Simply Magnolia - Gift Card Purse
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday - Gift Bag
Mad For Markers - Colouring embellishments - I've colored my twine in my button to match the balloon and cardstock
Karen's Doodles Netherlands challenge - Birthday but not a card
iCopic - advanced shadowing

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Just think, it's almost the weekend, yay!

                Hugs,
                         Christine

26 comments:

EELS said...

Love it Christine, sometimes the simplest of things are the best bet!
Love the colours too.

martina's kaartjes said...

this is one lovely, colorufull card !
great
greetings,martina
x

cabio's craft corner said...

Sweet sweet bag. Lovely and colorful Tilda :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Penni said...

Tilda looks fab in her purple dress. This is a great bag, I love the spotty paper.

Hugs
Penni
X

Louise said...

Super cool bag, love it
Louise

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Love the bright colored papers and your pretty coloring.

Liefs, Karen's Doodles NL!

Renata

Rene said...

This is the cutest thing ever! I love this Tilda and you have colored her beautifully!
Rene :D

Christina C. said...

This is such a darling bag...love it!
The image is stunning...colored magnificently!

Pattie said...

Hi Christine! This is so cute! Love the bright colors and this purse is adorable!
Hugs,
Pattie

yvonne said...

Hi Christine,
This is Simply (Magnolia) Gorgeous!
Loving the bright colours and you colouring is fantastic
Thanks for joining us at Simply Magnolia
yvonne x

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Super creative idea! I'd be happy with just the bag. lol Great job!
hugs to you,
Leslie

Tessa said...

Heel mooi.
leuk dat meedoet met de challenge van simply magnolia.
groetjes Tessa & Anke

syllie said...

This is a beautiful colorful purse Chirstine. Great colors did your use. And Tilda is looking very happy.
xxxSylvia

Barb Hardeman said...

Hmmmmm! I thought I posted a comment on this yesterday, but don't see it~ anyway, your little purse is adorable and I love the bright happy colors. Super great take on the challenge!
Hugs,
Barb

Chris (catt871) said...

awwww, this is SO cute! I love the bright colours, and what a cute little purse...LOVE IT!!! You're a good "winger" - LOL
Hugs,
Chris

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

hi christine! ooooh...this is fabulous!! I love the colors. I agree with you. After a rainy day, this would cheer anyone up with the beautiful colors!

*Vicki* said...

Oh how sweet!! What a beautifully colored design and bag!! I love it!! ;)

Marlene said...

Fabulous bag! your knack for coloring these Tildas is pretty awesome!

Danielle said...

Hello Christine, your little purse is really precious! Love Tilda with Bubble, your coloring is beautiful.
Tooo cute.
Hugs.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Adorable! LOVE the bright colors! Thanks for joining us this week for Timeless Tuesday!

Benzi said...

What a cute, cute bag. Love that big dotted/circled paper. Hope you find the eyelet setter.

CreaRenata said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for joining KD NL!

Hugs,
Renata

Susan said...

Simply gorgeous Christine! Thanks for joining in the colouring embellishments challenge at Mad for Markers.
Susan xxox

ashlee said...

Wow this looks Great, love how u have matched ur twine with the copics, thanks for joining us at mad for markers :-) from ash

Dee Jackson said...

This is so cute!! Thanks for playing in the FTTC this week:)

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWWW...totally cute gift bag! Love the fun and happy colors and the image is darlin' too! Thanks for playing the FTTC with us"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...