Thursday, May 5, 2011

Into Every Life A Little Rain Must Fall

Otherwise we'd never have flowers, right?

I will be away for the next few days and so I buckled down and finished up this card I started a couple of days ago.  I just love the Pure Innocence stamps, and don't dig them out often enough, so I decided to have some fun with My Umbrella.


I paired her up with some new Echo Park papers, and paper pieced her umbrella, coat and boots.  I've used my copics on the paper piecing to give it a bit of depth.
Copic Colours:
skin - E000, 00, 93 (chalks for blush)
hair - E50, 53, 55, 57
misc. - Y11, T0, W0, W1, W3

Challenges:
Mojo Monday - sketch
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Paper Piecing
All That Scraps Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes + round image
Ribbon Carousel Challenge - photo inspiration (the dots and aquas)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

                Hugs,
                         Christine

13 comments:

EELS said...

Hiya Christine, I love that stamp, I don't have any Pure Innocence stamps as yet but...............
love the colours you used.
Elaine

Pattie said...

So cute Christine! Love the color palette too!

Danderella said...

Super cute card, I especially like that you paper pieced her umbrella. And the shadow under her feet is fabulous.

Crystal said...

Love the paper piecing & your colouring is great! I'm so in love with this Echo Park paper!

HappyCrafter said...

Ah, this is so sweet! I really like the DP you are using and that fancy scallop edge punch. Hope you are doing well!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Yay Echo Park!! I LOVE those new papers! SO pretty! Cute image and composition! : )

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Corinna McGregor said...

Oh such a GORGEOUS card!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Ribbon Carousel Challenge.

Bananastamper said...

So cute! Love it! Here's hoping the rain has brought you many flowers.... not too many here yet!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is just darling! Love these happy colors. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

this is so sweet, the colors are so soothing....and happy.....perfect...hope your day is fantastic!

enjoy *~*

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Awww, love the paper pieced umbrella. and the twine around the buttons on the sentiment.

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous sweet card, what a perfect cute image to paper piece.
Thanks for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Debbie Carriere said...

How sweet! Great papers, too. Thanks for joining us for the first Ribbon Carousel challenge - hope you'll come back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...