Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope all of you mothers out there are having a wonderful Mother's Day!  I am spending mine as per usual... sitting and watching one of my kids compete all day!  I wasn't sure I would be able to get something done for this week, since it's a four day event, and one of 3 weekends in a row spent this exact same way.  We'll actually have events on 6 out of 8 weekends between the beginning of May and the end of June, so I may be a bit slower getting things posted!

This week at Paper Sundaes, our challenge theme is Magical and Mythical creatures.  For my card, I've chosen to use Fairy Lily on Swing by our sponsor this week, Pink Cat Studio.  Unfortunately, I didn't take any shots of the inside due to being in a rush, but I have added the sentiment 'Wishing you a magical day' and used this for my mother's Mother's Day card.

I've paired her up with some Making Memories papers, Wild Orchid Flowers, pearls, and a button from my stash.  I've also used Dazzling Diamonds on her wings.
Copic Colours:
Skin: E000, 00, 93
Hair: E50, Y21, 26, 28
Dress, wings: R81, 83, 85
Greenery: YG03, 25
Wood: E40, 21, 23, 25

Challenges:
Magical Monday - sketch
Southern Girls Challenge - For the Girls
The Paper Shelter - Bling it up
Paper Play Challenges - Show us Your Style (cute & girly)
Flutter By Wednesdays - Open
Creative Card Crew - Mother's Day
Copic Creations - Clouds / sky
The Cheerful Stamp Pad - Curls
Creative Inspirations Challenge - Glitzy & Bling

Thanks so much for stopping by, I appreciate the visits and comments!  Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

                Hugs,
                         Christine

15 comments:

Bananastamper said...

Beautiful! Love clouds and the bling - such a lovely card, I'm sure your Ma will love it! HOpe the event goes well! Hang in there girl - you know what they say, it's good to keep them busy! lol

Danni said...

Beautiful card!! So pretty in pink! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Marlene said...

Very pretty girly card! Happy Mother's Day to you!

Fiona said...

I thought I left you a comment earlier today but it appears not..forgive me...another fabby card Christine and awesome papers too, such an adorable image too!!

Fi
x

Marion said...

Gorgeous card and lovely colour combo. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along at Magical Monday
Marion

Sandra said...

Beautiful card,such a cute image...thanks for joining us this week at TPS.

Take care
San x

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Gorgeous card, sweetie and I love the image you have used….. Thanks for joining us at TPS…

Hugs
Judith

BarbaraW said...

What a sweet image and cute card. Thanks for sharing at the Cheerful Stamp Pad.

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

OMGosh!! What a super cute card...that is one of the best sky backgrounds that I've ever seen. Loves very realistic. Fantastic layout design too!!

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

Vicki Romaine said...

What an adorable card. The image is so cute. Thanks for joining "Little Girls with Curls" at the Cheerful Stamp Pad.

Anna said...

Too cute! I need to pull this image out again! Thanks for sharing with us at Flutter By Wed.

Lacey Stephens said...

Fantastic card! So beautiful and great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with the Magical Monday Challenge!
~Lacey
www.stampnandcreate.com
Magical Monday Challenge DT

mycardz said...

Awww, what a perfect sky for this adorable image! You did an awesome job on the sky - love it!So glad you could join us at Copic Creations! hugz, Mary

Rose said...

Christine, your Fairy Lily looks spectacular on this beautiful card! Love your sky! So glad to see your entry at Copic Creations. ~ Rose

Julie said...

Great card,I love how you used those scalloped nesties,It's great that you shared it with us at Southern Girls. Hope to see you next time,Julie.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...