Sunday, May 15, 2011

Birthday Special

This week at Paper Sundaes, we have challenged our DT to make a special birthday creation!  While this may include cards etc, I would love to see your 'special' creations - invitations, decorations, gift bags, etc!  Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp, so you should definitely come play along!

This week marks my 40th birthday, and my daughter's 13th birthday, yikes!  I fell in love with this Mo's digi and decided I needed to make her a movie gift basket, like a popcorn tub!




I've used these adorable Imaginisce papers around the tub.  Inside, I've added a tube of caramel popcorn, peanut M&M's, a Reeses cups, and a movie :)  My kids rarely get junk food, so this will be a real treat for her!

I wrapped her dvd in some Bazzill cardstock, and used a strip of the Imaginisce paper around it as a sleeve.


Here are a couple of close-ups:

and:
Copic colours:
E000, 000, 00, 95, 30, 31, 33, 35, 37, 40, 41
R35, 37, 39...  BG11, 13, 15, 18... B91, 93, 95, 97
Y15, 17, 23... YG17... W0, 1, 3, 5
Memento Ink

I apologize for the not-so-great photography, we are heading out of town in the morning, and it's almost 2 AM and I'm still trying to get my post written and scheduled!

I've used the current sketch at Hanna and Friends. I'm also entering this into the Anything Goes challenge at Stamp Something, and the Movie Theme at The Paper Variety.

Now I am off to bed, thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to check out my blog candy here!

                Hugs,
                         Christine

17 comments:

Fiona said...

this is fantastic Christine...love that image, she is so sweet!!

Happy Birthday..hope you get my card soon...wasn't sure of the exact date!!

Fi
x

Pattie said...

Absolutely adorable Christine! Happy Birthday (a little late I know)!

Faye said...

Christine, wishing you and your daughter Happy Birthdays. Your bucket is great, lovely colours and cool papers. Have a great week. xxx

Danni said...

Happy Birthday!! Wonderful project!

Amanda R said...

Happy Birthday Christine! This is absolutely adorable, what a great idea. Hope you and your daughter have a great week!

alicaz said...

super cute Christine! The movie basket is a great idea - goes perfectly with the DVD!
Happy Birthday!

Marlene said...

The movie gift basket is a fabulous idea! Love it!

You're only gonna be 40 this week? Well, you're YOUNG!! :) Happy early birthday, to both you and your daughter!

jojoscraps said...

What an awesome idea! I love your colors. Happy Birthday to you! I have some candy up for grabs on my blog if you pop over.
Jo xx

Kelly Schelske said...

How fun is this Christine!! Happy Belated birthday as well:-)

mustangkayla said...

Very cute!

Danderella said...

Happy Birthday Christine...I love your popcorn tub.

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

I'm so late, but Happy Birthday!!

Love the movie gift basket, what a fabulous idea and that image is adorable!! You are blowing me away with your coloring of hair!!

Suzy said...

Happy Belated Birthday! love that popcorn tub! very cute image and great coloring! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Variety :)

Tessa Buys said...

FABULOUS project! I love it :). Thanks for playing at The Paper Variety!

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

Happy Birthday (a little late) ... this is a wonderful project featuring Imaginisce paper...as a member of the Design Team... I'll be sharing this with the rest of the members...awesome work!

Manu said...

Wow, what a fantastic creation. Thanks for joining us at Hanna&Friends this week.

Hugs Manu

Kimba-Slydog said...

Great idea!!! And so wonderful!!!

Thanks for joining us this week at Hanna and Friends.

Xoxo,
Nicole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...