Sunday, March 27, 2011

Summery Sweet Kiki - DT card

Even though we still have a ton of snow on the ground, I couldn't resist using this Sweet Kiki La Rue for this week's Paper Sundaes photo inspiration challenge, sponsored by Michelle's Scrapbooking.


I'm not used to colouring with such bright colours!  :)

I've paired Kiki up with some older papers from my stash by Cosmo Cricket, and some Kaisercraft pearls.  I was really in a Clean and Simple mood tonight!


Copic Colours:
Skin - E000, 00, 93
Hair, shoes - E31, 33, 35, 37, 39
Dress - Y11, 13, 15
Bow, hair band, cherry - R35, 37, 39
Ice Cream - R32, E55, 57 cone- E50, 30, 51, 55
Grass - YG01, 03, 17, colourless blender (for water colour effect)
Background - chalks

We've just started spring break here, and I am so looking forward to having a nice relaxing week with my kids!  Hopefully, there will be lots of time to craft, too.  I've missed getting my fingers inky!  I already plan to bake something every day, too... not good for the waistline, but the kids are enjoying the results (shhh- and so am I!)

Challenges:
All That Scraps Wednesday's Challenge - sketch layout
Wee Memories WMC49- Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp challenge - Girlie
Bunny Zoe's Crafts challenge - Happy Birthday + pearls

I hope you will join us this week at Paper Sundaes!  Thanks for stopping by!

                Hugs,
                         Christine

13 comments:

alicaz said...

so pretty! Love the warm colors you used for your card - not too bright at all!
Happy Sunday!

Alexis said...

I love this and eventhough you are not used to coloring with such bight colors - you did a fabulous job. She is adorable. Have a good spring break and have a sweet treat for me. ;)

Crystal said...

Love all the yellow, I think it's perfect & love the layout too. Enjoy your Spring Break with the kids, we just had ours and I'm back to work tomorrow :(
Have fun with the baking!

Danni said...

Super darling card!

Fiona said...

this is fabulous....Kiki looks so pretty and I love the colours you have used!!

Fi
x

Dottie said...

Love this card. The image is so cute and love the bright colors. Thanks for sharing.

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Cute card! Love the cheerful colors. Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories. :)

Marlene said...

This is such a pretty card! Love the bright colors and the clean design.

BananaStamper said...

So cute and cheery Christine! Your March break is two weeks later than ours...hope you enjoy. Baking eh? When is tea time???? I love my baking too! Hope you fit in some crafting time too!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Such a sweet card!!!!Thanks so much for playing along with us at wee memories!!!!

cabio's craft corner said...

Super cute and sweet card. Lovely image and the red coloring is so cheerful. Thanks for sharing :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Nixe07 said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the fab colours and your great coloring of the cute image.
Thanks for joining in the Bunny Zoe´s Crafts Challenge.
Hugs
Moni

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

What a bright and cheerful card!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...