Sunday, March 6, 2011

Is spring here yet?

This week at Paper Sundaes we are challenging you to use stripes on your creations.  I thought that if I made a really 'Spring-like' card, maybe spring would arrive sometime before July?  Fingers crossed!

If you've been wondering why my blog has been so quiet, I have been quite busy with non-paper crafting things.  Let's see... in the last few days I've edited 120+ photos for my kids' sports team, baked 4 dozen cupcakes for a cancer fundraiser... Oh I wish I had taken a photo of the cupcakes, half of them were topped with a marshmallow meringue that I used my Heat Gun to toast.  How's that for creative?  LOL... no way was I going to use a torch, I'd burn the house down!


Our sponsor this week is Tiddly Inks!  If her stamps seem very familiar, that is because she also designs for Stamping Bella.  Christy very kindly provided our DT with a digi of our choice to play with, and I chose this cute Spring HuggABugg.


I wish I could play along, Christy is providing this week's winner with a $15 gift certificate!


Challenges:
Friday Sketchers - sketch layout (left out the ribbon, hope that's okay!)
Creative Inspirations - In the Garden
Delightful Challenges - Welcome Spring
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday - Green (comment)
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Wild Orchid - Anything Goes


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful Sunday!

                Hugs,
                         Christine

16 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous.xxx

Hev said...

Beautiful image, and beautiful card.
Luv Hev x

Marlene said...

How adorable! I had no idea she designed for both those companies, but it all makes sense now! thanks for the edumacation..heehee!

Chris (catt871) said...

THis is sooo cute! I LOVE the sparkly striped paper!!!! OHHH how I wish Spring would arrive too!!! UGH!!! It's been a long winter for us Albertans eh??

BananaStamper said...

Super cute Christine! Your cupcakes sound fantastic too!
Hope you had a great weekend!
Shanna

Jenny said...

Das ist eine ganz bezaubernde Karte in richtig schönen Frühlingsfarben. Toll.

debby4000 said...

Oh what an adorable card.
luv
Debby

Cindy Haffner said...

This is so SWEET!!!

NGCARDS said...

A very pretty card hun! Thanks for joining in with our challenge of In The Garden at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

Rach said...

what a sweetie of a card. thank you for playing along with my sketch @ friday sketchers. hugs rachx

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

What a sweet & happy card Christine. Sounds like you've been CRAZY busy!! Congrats to your son and I loved your idea for using your heat gun!! I'll have to remember that one!.

I'm so sorry that I'm so behind in my visits and commenting. I'll never catch up!! :) But I've looked at all your beautiful creations and I just love them ALL!! I even clicked over to Wee Stamps and bought a few!! I had never heard of them before and now I'm in LOVE!! :)

Crystal said...

Love the pastel colours & glittery striped paper! I love Christy's images, they are so cute!! Love how you did the marshmallows! Somehow I'd manage to burn the house down even with a heat gun :)

Crystal said...

Love the pastel colours & glittery striped paper! I love Christy's images, they are so cute!! Love how you did the marshmallows! Somehow I'd manage to burn the house down even with a heat gun :)

Dee Jackson said...

super fun layout! thanks for playing in the FTTC this week:)

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Oh love the design of your card ! Colors are lovely ! still no spring in michigan :-)
xxx

leslierahye said...

Very cute card! I love the layout on this card! Great design! Thank you for participating in Delightful Challenges this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...