Sunday, February 13, 2011

Have a heart?

I do, but it was a struggle!  :)

This week at Paper Sundaes, we have opened up the Sundae bar again, and have asked everyone to pick their favorite toppings (at least two of the four).  I have chosen pink and flowers, just up my alley!  Our sponsor this week is Tickled Pink Stamps.  I just couldn't resist this cute Cherrie with Heart.



I decided to make a Heart candy box for Valentine's Day, following a tutorial at Susi's blog.  I didn't use her heart pattern though, I printed out my own.  If you have a full sized cricut, that's actually the way I would go!  Unfortunately, I just have the original, and don't use it enough to justify replacing it!

Copics:
Skin- E000, 00, 02
Hair & Shoes- E30, 31, 33, 35, 37
Dress- BG0000. B000, 00
Heart- R22, 27

She is coloured with copics, with some shading with Prismacolor pencils and chalk for her blush.  I've paired her up with papers from Pink Paislee, Wild Orchid flowers, leaves punched with my Martha Stewart punch, and a Tim Holtz tag.

I've filled it up with Cinnamon Hearts inside, always a hit in my house!

Mmm, maybe it doesn't need to be *that* full!  :)

Challenges:
Hanna & Friends- Heart Box
Make It Colourful- Shadow & Depth
Totally Gorjuss- Love
Cute Card Thursday- Hearts and Flowers
Simon Says Stamp- Anything But a Card
The Kraft Journal- Love
Bunny Zoe's Challenge- Love is in the Air
Wild Orchid- Love is...
Stamptacular Sunday- Lovin' From the Oven
Claudia & Company Challenge:  Pink, Brown & Blue

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you're having a great weekend!

**~~Christine~~**

23 comments:

Crystal said...

So cute! Love the heart shaped box and layout. You can NEVER have enough cinnamon candies! Happy Sundae :)

Fiona said...

mmm this is gorgeous!! I love how you have decorated the box and ideal treats for inside...although I have never heard of them but they sound very tasty!!

fi
x

Caroline Hallett said...

hey - nice idea, and great colouring - I am sure someone will be happy in the morning x

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous box ,, I love how you decorated this and the contents look yummy ,,, I have never heard of these either but I love cinnamon :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Tracy said...

This is so cute! Great job on the image and embellies. :-) What a great little gift. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful project with us this week at The Kraft Journal!

Marlene said...

Adorable...and I love cinnamon hearts, too! YUM.

Danni said...

So sweet and precious!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Darling project!! Love the heart shape. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Claudia & Co this week!!
Sheri-C&Co DT

~*Joni said...

Heehee! I agree Christine, it doesn't have to be that full...no one will notice or miss it, will they? :) Adorable design, I love the gingham with flowers and hearts - beautiful design! Wonderful job this week, thank you so much for joining in on our color challenge this week at Claudia and Company!
~*Joni C&Co. DT

Vicky said...

WOW....this is gorgeous & I love your colouring its amazing.
Thank you for entering my candy hun. I thought I would come over & peekskie at your blog & its fabulous you are very talented & I cant wait to see more to am now a follower woo hoo lol. Take care hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Stefanie`s Bastelecke said...

Oh wow, what a gorgeous heart-box, it is wonderful !!!

Thanks for joining uns at Hanna & Friends this time.

Hugs
Stefanie

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, how fabulous that you made your own heart shaped candy box! This is just adorable. Sweet image and wonderful coloring job, and I love the pink checks.
thanks for playing along with us at the Kraft Journal.

BananaStamper said...

Christine, this is so cute! LOVE it! Those hearts do look yummy!

Gemma said...

What a great candy box you made the image is just so sweet, and I love the gingham paper. Thank you for joining our Lovin'from the oven challenge this week at SSC! Hugs Gemma

Kiki said...

Wow, Christine, this is gorgeous! The image is soooo cute and I really love, how you arranged everything!

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Hanna & Friends.

Hugs, Kiki

Sprytebyrd said...

Wow, that's a lot of cinnamon hearts! Love this box! Great layout and perfect colors!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week!
Don't forget our DT call, too! :)
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Spot

Pattie said...

Super cute! Did you know you won at Claudia and Co.?! Yay for you!

ScrappinRPN said...

This image is so cute, I love fairy's. Thank you for the freebi. I have posted the Spread the Love in my sidebar. I will have to ink her up and make a card. Thank you again for your generosity.

Carla

Vanja said...

Beautiful card! The image is adorable.
Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)

Hugs
Vanja

Susanne said...

Hi,

i like your Heart-Box!! It´s very cute!

Thanks for joining us this week at Hanna & Friends!

Hugs Susanne

stempelmausi said...

A great box has got, and like it very much.

Thank you for joining us this week at Hanna & Friends.

Greetings
Swantje

Mary J said...

Amazing - I luuurve it! Thx for sharing with us at Totally Gorjuss!

Mary J xxx

Shana said...

Love the colours and the heart shape! I'll help eat the candy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...