Friday, January 21, 2011

Valentine's Wishes

If you're looking for my Paper Sundaes Blog Hop post, click here!  And if you're not, you should be!  We're giving away 11 fantastic prizes, 6 for the hop and 5 for our birthday challenge, and all you have to do is use any of our challenges for the last year!

I didn't have much time today but really needed some 'me' time to relax, since a vacation in the south is out of the question!  I really like the sketch at Card Positioning Systems this week, so I decided to make a really clean and simple Valentine's card using Rosalie With Roses and a sentiment from Amy R's All About Love sentiment set for the Early Valentine's challenge at All That Scraps Wednesdays Challenge  I've used some new Bo Bunny Valentine papers along with some of my PTI cardstock.


I've coloured Rosalie with my copics, using a bit of chalk for her blush, and a bit of French Gray Prismacolor pencils along the edge of her dress and socks.


Copic colours:
Skin:  E000, 00, 02
Hair:  E50, Y21, 26, 28
Dress, socks, ribbon: R27, 29, pencils
Roses:  R24, 27, 29, E8, YG25
Slip, shoes, etc:  C3, 5, 7

I am also entering this into a bunch of love and valentine challenges:  Bunny Zoe's challenge- love is in the air, One Crazy Stamper's Love challenge, Tuesday Throwdown- Valentine, Beary Sweet Challenge #18- Love, Pile it On- Anything Goes, Delightful Challenges- Celebrations (Valentine's), The Pixie Cottage- Love, Paper Playtime- Love, Wild Orchid- Sentimental, Totally Papercrafts- use a heart (on my papers and her buttons), Stamp Something- Cute Somethings

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I should have taken a new shot of our back deck... after getting some more snow yesterday and overnight, when I look out our back door, the top edge of the table is no longer visible above the snow on the deck!

**~~Christine~~**

28 comments:

Carla aka scrappypug said...

So cute. Love the kraft with red and black! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage!

Marlene said...

Awww...how sweet is this?! I'm lovin' the color combo.

joey said...

Hi Christine

this is gorgeous, a beautiful design and love the colour, thanks for joining us at TPC

Joey xx

Nancy Thomas said...

Adorable! Love all the reds combined with the touch of kraft.

Dori said...

Sweet card! Love the layout.

Alex said...

Oh this is so cute, I love these images as well - thank you so much for joining in over at Stamp Something this week :) Alex x

Crystal said...

So cute, love the papers, great border punch & your colouring is fabulous as always! I love how you get the highlights on her hair! I can't believe you got more snow!!!

mum of two said...

What a fabulous card! I think it's "love"ly. I love the colors you chose, and you did an am\zing colring job. I wish I was half as good as you are! Thanks for playing with us this week at Paper Playtime :) Hope to see you again soon!

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Cec said...

Adorable and I like the clean and simple look. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
Hugs!
Cec

Davi said...

A sweet image and the dp look so pretty with her. Thanks for sharing with us at TT this week.

Scrappy said...

How adorable is this! Love your coloring! Your card is GORGEOUS!

Thanks for joining us this week at Pile it On! Hope you’ll be back to join us again soon!

BananaStamper said...

Such a cute Valentine Christine!

Sadilla said...

Wow such a cute card... the image is lovely and perfectly coloured... congrats!
thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage
Hugs
Sadia

Sue said...

Hi Christine
aww gorgeous card, fab colouring, lovely design, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Cindy Gay said...

The black outlines are perfect with the reds.

beadz said...

What a cute card! I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day! Thanks for playing along at the Beary Scrap and good luck!
hugs,
Gini

Tanya R said...

Adorable image! Thank you for playing along with The Pixie Cottage this week.
Hugs
Tanya

Joanna K (aka Asia K) said...

Hello Christine, I found you trough Feline Playful and I am now following you ;) I missed the chance to join in the fun with the linky thing on time, but if you'd like to visit my blog too, I would be delighted! ;)

This is a beautiful Valentine's card, I love the cute image ;) Beautiful colours!

Hugs
Joanna x

Katie said...

Super cute card!
Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week :)

Patricia said...

Very cute card, Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Beary Sweet Challenge. I hope to see you again. Good Luck!
~Patricia

Annika said...

I absolutely love your blog - your style of colouring is just gorgeous - soft and perfect. And your designs are so clean and tasteful with a touch of real cute whimsy!
Hugs
Annika

Anne said...

A lovely card! Your coloring of the image looks perfect ;) Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage!

Hugs, Anne

Jamie said...

Love the image and the simple style, it really makes your image stand out. Very nice. Thanks so much for joining our Beary Sweet Challenge, I hope to see you again next time!

Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

Sharon said...

What a beautiful card. Love the image and the pretty paper.
Thanks for joining us at the Pixie Cottage Challenge,
Sharon xx

Lisa said...

wonderful card!!! thank you for joining us over at One Crazy Stamper!!!

~Michelle~ said...

so sweet! I love spending me time in my stamping studioThanks for playing the One Crazy Stamper Challenge! too!!

Jacilynn said...

very cute coloring! love it. Thanks so much for joining in on One Crazy Stampers "LOVE" challenge. Hope to see you next month for our "PINK" challenge.
Jacilynn

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Hi Christine - Rosalie is oh-so-cute! Thanks so much for joining our Beary Sweet Challenge to include "love" or "friendship". I love your card!

Cheers,
Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...