Thursday, January 27, 2011

Stretching myself a bit

Thanks so much for stopping by!  If you follow my blog, you know that I really lean towards girly cards!  I coloured up this Edwin Wants A Hug from the 'You are So Special' Magnolia release about 2 weeks ago, but then couldn't figure out what to do with him!  I finally decided to make him into a Groom's card.  Is that weird?  I mean, brides get cards all the time, why not the groom?  LOL...  I think it could be used for other occasions, too, like a birthday.


I've used a free sentiment snagged from this week's Sentimental Sundays post.  If you like it, you'd better hurry, they change every Sunday!  I've paired them up with some papers from My Mind's Eye and distressed all of the layers.

challenges:
Papertake Weekly:  sketch
Charisma Cardz:  Love
PaperPlay Challenges:  Layer it Up
7 Kids Challenge Blog:  Challenge Yourself (masculine card!)
Tuesday Throwdown:  Distressing
Bunny Zoe's Crafts:  Love
Wild Orchid Challenge:  Sentimental
Allsorts Challenge:  masculine
Make It Colourful:  monochrome
Copic Creations:  Something new (new sentiment, see above)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday!  Just think, that means it's almost the weekend!  Yahoo!

27 comments:

Rene said...

Oh he looks wondeful! You've got me wondering why I always put my Edwins in blue when he looks so amazing in brown!
Rene ;D

Dorcas said...

THis is very sweet, christine! I think guys would appreciate cards more than we think. :-)

Lisette Morris said...

Great Groom's card. I always have trouble with masculine cards too. You did fantastic!

Card Crazy said...

Oh, that's great! You're right - this could be used for so many things, great guy card.
Sue S.

Abbylicious said...

What a great guy card Christine! Your colors and choice of papers are perfect!!! You got guy cards down real good!
Judy K.

Kelly Neis said...

you accomplished a very nice man card. I like it and your coloring is great.

Sharon Caudle said...

VERY handsome card, Christine! Love the monochromatic color and Edwin is so adorable! Wonderful!!!
hugs, Sharon

Regina said...

Christine!! The colors are great and this image is so cute!!:))) I think it´s special and a very elegant card for a man.
Regina

Marlene said...

He looks very dapper!

Pen to Paper said...

Christine, this def. a right fit for a man. Super cute!

Hugs,

Jackie

Cricket said...

Great job. Love the colors you used and your coloring is flawless.

Linda said...

What a great card
hugs linda

Sandy said...

Christine this card is really beautiful - love the papers and the way you have colored Edwin. Very nice monochromatic color scheme!
Sandy Dehon

charlene said...

Very nicely done ! Masculine cards are hard for me too ! Love the colors you have used and the layout
Hugs

Leslie Avila said...

Ooooh, my two favorite card elements...Edwin and Brown. lol Such a cute card. Loving everything about it.
Blessings to you~
Leslie

Christina C. said...

What a handsome guy....what a great card!!!!

Jill said...

great guys card love the image thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

PaperLace n Card Nook said...

What a wonderful guys card. Great colouring and great work.
hugs Carolyn

Leah the Orange said...

SO cute, Christine! love the colours you've chosen, and the papers look great with the way you've coloured the image! thank you for sharing this sweet creation with us at Make it Colourful!

Lauren said...

Gorgeous card! Great distressing! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

Lauren

BananaStamper said...

I love what you did with Edwin! He is adorable and what a fantastic card!

Gemma said...

a gorgeous creation! thanks for joining in our Valentines theme this week at Charisma! Gemma :)

Deirdre said...

Love your "boy" card - so fun.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week on our Layer it Up Challenge. ♥

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Oh Christine this is GORGEOUS and what a perfect idea to make a Grooms card. I LOVE that idea!!! Beautiful coloring!!!

Peggie said...

Super card. Love the layout and the papers. The buttons are just the right touch. Edwin looks great.

cabio's craft corner said...

Nice and delightful card and this handsome Edwin. Thanks for sharing Christine :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Mina said...

wow Christine this is fabulous, I love to see Edwin used...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...