Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snow, Snow, Go Away!

Oh we have been inundated with snow this year!  It's bordering on ridiculous!  In fact, I think we passed ridiculous a few weeks ago...  lol  (Check the bottom of this post for some links to photos if you want a good laugh!)  So when I saw the Magnolia challenge at All That Scraps I actually groaned!  The last thing I want to think about is what winter is like where we live, I'm trying to pretend that we live somewhere sunny and warm!  But I thought back to just how behind I was on my Christmas cards this past Christmas, and decided that this was just the challenge I needed.  I dug out my favorite Magnolia image from the Christmas release and some papers I bought but hadn't used, and got to work!


Here's a close-up:
Copic colours:
Skin- E000, 00, 02, chalk for blush
Hair:  E30. 31, 34, 35, 37
Jacket, mitts, hat:  YR000, 00, 02, 04
Pants & broom stick: E41, 42, 43, 44
snowman's hat: R30, 32, 35, 37
Straw broom: Y21, 28, YR23, 24
Boots, buttons, shading on snowman:  W0, 1, 3, 5, 7
Shadowing: BG0000, 000, 10

I need to retake the photos of the inside, so I will try to edit them into this post later.  I've been gaining lots of extra time not having to run my kids around while they've been home sick all week, but do actually need to do some running around to prep for the weekend.

I've kept this really simple so it's easy to mail.  I've used lots of Crystal Stickles all over the trim, snow and snowflake.

And now for your amusement, check out these photos (not taken by me!) from  our area:

Funny to look at :)  Not so funny to shovel LOL

This is a garden fountain?

This is EXACTLY what our roads look like!

Okay, stop laughing... No really, stop laughing!  It's not funny!  

Fine then, laugh at us... you're so mean!  ;)

And of course, I can't make a card without entering it in a bunch of challenges, or you might think you're at the wrong blog...

All That Scraps Magnolia challenge has the dreaded 'Winter Where you Live' Challenge ending right away.  Just Magnolia is taking it easy on us this week, with an 'Anything Goes' Challenge.  7 Kids College Fund wants to see 'Hot or Cold'... I think I showed lots of cold!  LOL...  Over at All That Scraps Wednesday's Challenge the theme is Snowmen, as is Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenge #6.  I've used the current sketch at Stamptacular Sunday.  Over at Alice in Wonderland, the current challenge is 'Remembering Holiday Dreams', which building snowmen should count for!  The Crop Stop has challenged us to 'Add some Stickles'.  And last but not least, Let's Ink it Up also has 'Anything Goes' this week!

Now I am sure this will be my last post until Sunday as both of my kids have a big 3 day swim meet, but be sure to come back then because we are having a blog hop to celebrate Paper Sundaes first birthday, and let me tell you, the prizes are AMAZING!!  We have such amazing and generous sponsors, without question!

41 comments:

Marie said...

Hey! You have the snowy mess I live in too on the other side of the world! (Sweden) However it has started to melt away a tiny bit,just to frez up again. Your card is absolutly stunning. Such totally crazy of colours for a winter card! It rocks!
xMarie

Doreen said...

What a fabulous card.xxx

Karen's Fun Blog said...

Cute color combo...I never think of those colors with snow!! : )

wljp65 said...

WOW!! What a different color combo for a snow card!! I love it!!

Wendy - daffygal

Rene said...

How CUTE! I never would have thought to use those colors but it is fantstic! Great inspiration!
Rene ;D

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card Christine! And look at you already getting a head start for next year! Love all the sparkly goodness and this image is one of my favorites!
Hugs, Sharon

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card Christine! And look at you already getting a head start for next year! Love all the sparkly goodness and this image is one of my favorites!
Hugs, Sharon

martina's kaartjes said...

superb card ! great job,
greetings, martina
x

Barb Hardeman said...

Super job Christine! This card passes for both Hot and Cold. Your dp's are wonderfully sunny and bright and the image and your fabulous coloring and the stickles you used are definitely COLD!!! Brrrrr! Good for you to get such a jump start on your cards for next Christmas...{Barb}

Pattie said...

Super cute card Christine! As for the snow, please keep as much of it as possible up North...we just got a few inches and I want it to go away!
Hugs,
Pattie

Corinne said...

Wonderful Christmas card Christine! Love the colors for a non-traditional card. Like you I found myself way behind on my Christmas Cards so plan to make at least 1/month. Wow you guys do have a huge amount of snow...we have lots but nothing compared to what you have....thank goodness we haven't had the deep freeze (-40 to -50 Celcius) temperatures yet.
Hugs~
Corinne

SuzanneK said...

Oh I love this, how adorable, fab colour choice too. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, Suzanne x

Fiona said...

what a gorgeous card and please keep the snow...we have had more than enough over the past few weeks and don't want anymore!!

Fi
x

Madge H. said...

Love, love, love your colouring and colour combination of DP.
We've been shoveling for days also, with a forecast of rain tomorrow and Sat. Good for you getting a start on Christmas 2011.
~ rubber hugz, inky wishs ~
Madge

Rosie said...

I love the non-traditional colors and that stamp in on my wish list....it's just so stinkin' cute!! I too need to start on my Christmas cards now! Hugs, Rosemary

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh cute card, love the sparkle and colours!
And no I don't want your snow either, thankfully ours melted about a fortnight ago and we don't want it back!

Iulia said...

Beautiful card with lovely not so traditional colors. Great DPs and coloring!
Hugs, iulia

Christina C. said...

What a darling Christmas card....love the nontraditional colors!!! I should really think about doing that too!!!!

Tracy V. said...

Omg Christine!! Girl I feel for you!!! So you would really hate me for saying we are freezing here (florida) today, it's 55 degrees and blue skies!! I'm looking at the palm trees sway in my yard! Lol Tomorrow it's warming up though to 67 degrees!! :-))

Anyways, way to go on starting on christmas cards for next year!! I need to do that!
Tracy Valure

Only By His Grace said...

Love these colors Christine.
fab coloring and design paper.
We are flooded here in Queensland Australia. I think I would prefer the snow. We are in our summer so no hope there. Even in winter it isn't cold enough.
Hugs Maz

Pam said...

Christine....love the color combo on this gorgeous card. It's never to early to start on Christmas cards!
Hugs from Indiana,
Pam:)

Leslie Avila said...

Oh so cute. Christmas is wonderful all year round! Love your color scheme too.
Hugs,
Leslie

StephC said...

Fabulous card! I love the colors, and the image. Beautiful!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So cute!

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

cute cute cute card! We have not seen too much snow this year so I will gladly take yours. :-) Of course, I type this and when I am shoveling it, not so much wanting it. :-) Take care and stay warm! :-) Amy

Vicki said...

Christine, your card is amazing! I love the bright yellow and your coloring is beautiful. The Stickle fur trim looks fabulous. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog!

Candy said...

Wow, Christine!
I would never have thought to make a Christmas card in orange :o)
I love it!!!!
All those stickles are awesome!!!
Excellent job and good for you to start on next years cards!
Hugs, Candy
I live in Canada too - snow snow snow!

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours! Thanks for joining us at LIIU, good luck and hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

Karita said...

Absolutely beautiful Magnolia card! :)
Image is one of my favourite and DP´s are great!

Thank you for joining at SSC this week :)

Hugs,
Karita

brenda said...

Hi Christine

What a lot of snow and we even had a fair bit in the UK in December.

Such a pretty card, she is siuch a sweet image adn loving all the added glittery bits.

Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week and good luck.

B x

Patti said...

I love the colors. great card. Patti

Gloria Stengel said...

Hey girlfriend! Yeah, I was laughing...because we just closed the windows a bit ago...it was super warm today. It's 9pm and still 52 degrees. That's above zero....

Cute card. Thanks for joining us at CropStop with your bad self!

Shaela said...

this is adorable!! I love the bright yellow/orange. thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges :)

Pam S. said...

so cute Christine! and even though it's cold outside these Summer colors will keep all smiling and warm inside! Not sure how the pioneers ever survived Winters!!!!! : )
So glad you linked up to the ATS Magnolia Challenge, Winter where you live! Thanks for playing!
Pam Going Postal

Kendra said...

Love the stickles on this! Thanks for playing at Let's Ink It Up!

Julie said...

Great take on the challenge. The colors are so warm they could melt that poor snowman. Just gorgeous!

Thank your for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge.

Julie

cabio's craft corner said...

Oh I adore this card its beautiful and the cherry colour combo is gorgeous! Layout too!
Hugs,
Cabio

Jennifer Moore said...

Beautiful card. I loved seeing the pictures of the snow in your area. It snowed once last winter and I feel that is unlikely to snow this winter. It's been raining all weekend, but not cold enough for snow.

Monique said...

Love this card Christine the bright orange colors with a tough of sparkle :)...and I agree NO MORE SNOW!!! ugg

Lisa said...

So pretty! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids Challenge!

kramer_buffy said...

sorry about the snow. Funny because we haven't had almost no snow this year, my little one is very disappointed!
I love your oranges and yellows card, it is hard to find cards in this color theme and yours is so well done!

Thanks for playing with us at CropStop and I hope to see you play with us this week! Challenge coming up tomorrow!

-- dalis
CropStop DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...