Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Is it too late for New Years?

As soon as I saw this beautiful Anya freebie over on The Greeting Farm's blog, I knew I had to use her to make a New Year's card.  I got her all coloured up two days ago when my friend Shana came over to play with our new Christmas toys, but just finally found time to finish the card tonight.  If you're interested in what I've been up to, I've been putting my scrap room back together!  In my house, I have taken over the living room!  I would just hate being stuck in the basement, it's just too cold here for that!  My feet would never warm up.  Unfortunately, that means that in order to put up our Christmas tree, I have to take my entire craft area apart.  Today while my hubby was at work, the tree came down!  Tonight I put him to work getting my table set back up, and my storage unit hauled up from the basement.  Now I just have to bring up everything else, and get it all organized.  Wonder if I'll get that done by next Christmas?  lol

Enough with the chatter, on to the card, right?  Here it is:

If you'd like to snag Happy New Year Anya for yourself, you'd better scoot, I'm not sure if they will be leaving her up or not!

Here's a close-up:

Copic Colours:
Skin:  E000, E00, E02, chalk for blush
Tongue: E93, 95
Hair:  E50, Y21, 26, 28
Banner and headpiece: C0, 1, 3, 5
Dress:  RV10, 21, 23, 25, 29
Papers:  October Afternoon:  Thrift Shop

Challenges:
Card Positioning Systems:  Sketch
Fun with Shapes and More:  New Years plus die cut (Nesties circle, corner punch)
Crazy Challenge:  All Things New
Simon Says Stamp Challenge:  Something to Celebrate

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Don't forget, my blog candy ends tomorrow!

**~~Christine~~**

14 comments:

Doreen said...

Gorgeous card.xxx

Tracey ~ GardenOfGrace said...

Cute card!

Lea L. said...

Never too late for a New Year's card {well, maybe in June...tee hee!}, especially when it is super cute!! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week! ♥♥♥

Marlene said...

So adorable! The shading is perfect. And heck, if some people can start posting Christmas 2011 cards now - I don't see anything wrong with posting a late New Year's Card, either!

dj1952 said...

Hi, I've stopped over from Feline Playful and have become a follower. Your cards are great! I know I've seen your gorgeous work before. Hugs, dj

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

hun, its never too late to show such a beautiful card.
i loove it - your coloring is great.. love how you done the folds of the dress
thanks for sharing
Claudia

Tami Mayberry said...

super card! Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at CPS!

tampatha said...

So cute! Great card and I love your image. Thanks for joining the Crazy Challenge this week hope to see you again.
Tammy

Scrappy Scatty said...

what a fabby card xx

Scrappy Scatty said...

what a fabby card xx

BA said...

such an adorable nycard
thansk for joining us at FWSM
xoxo BA

Kristii said...

Soooo very cute!!! It's never too late to celebrate!!!!

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful card and coloring Christine :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Your coloring is FABULOUS!! Awesome card design too!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...