Sunday, January 23, 2011

De-stressing with some distressing

This week at Paper Sundaes, the challenge is to add some distressing to your paper creation!  I've coloured up this beautiful 'Tilda in the Garden' which I stamped during a stamping playdate on the weekend from my dear friend Shana!  It is from the brand new 'You are so Special' Magnolia collection. The sentiment is also from the same collection.


I'm not sure what was going on with my mid-tone brown.  I never did figure out if it was my E34 or E35, but one of them was not blending right last night or this morning, not absorbing into the paper and just kind of sitting on top.  I may end up changing those two tips before they contaminate their friends!  You can see the reflection a bit here where the light was hitting it.  It's not nearly as bad from a side angle as you can see in the close-up.


Copic colours:
Skin:  E000, 00, 02, Chalk for blush
Dress, socks, roses:  R81, 83, 85
Hair, Shoes:  E30, 31, 34, 35, 37
Greenery:  G20, 21, 94

I've paired her up with some Magnolia papers that I bought and had never got around to using, from the Fairytale paper pack.  I've left her quite plain, in light of the migraine I've been fighting since this morning!

If you missed the news at Paper Sundaes, we have also left last week's Birthday celebration challenge open an extra two days, so you have until Monday night to pick your favourite of ANY of our first 51 challenges to have a chance to win one of 6 challenge prizes!  Winners will be announced Wednesday on Paper Sundaes.  So really, there is no reason for you to not enter your cards into our challenge!  LOL

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Tomorrow I am off to the dentist, so I expect it won't be any better of a day than today!  Hope you have something a lot more fun planned.

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Challenge:  Bingo (punches + flowers + gems)
Dutch Dare:  sketch
Stamp Something:  Cute somethings
Totally Papercrafts:  Add a heart
Wild Orchid:  Let's get sentimental
The Crafty Pad:  Something Girly
Copic Creations:  Something New (brand new Tilda!)
Wee Memories Challenge #40:  Anything Goes

**~~Christine~~**

27 comments:

Card Crazy said...

This is so pretty. The colors blend so perfectly, and Tilda is glowing.
Sue S.

Cricket said...

Very pretty. LOVE the pink.

Leslie Avila said...

Lots of gorgeousness to see here. Such a pretty card and you've used my favorite color. Pink!
Blessings to you,
Leslie

Linda said...

what a lovely card
hugs Linda

martina's kaartjes said...

lovely card !
have a nice day,
greetings, martina
x

Iulia said...

Gorgeous card! Now, isn't she a beauty? I love this stamp! Lovely colours and great coloring!
Hugs, iulia

Margo said...

oh I just love this card !
I'm a huge Magnolia-fan too and love this image and your colouring !
Greetz
Margo

Lorraine said...

Absolutely gorgeous card. Love everything about it. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

wljp65 said...

Oh my GOSH!!! I LOVE her!!! I can't wait to get my stamp and play. Your colors are beautifully matched with the papers, it is BEAUTIFUL!!

Wendy - daffygal

Regina said...

Chris!!! This image is so beautiful and your coloring is amazing!!!
Have a great week!!

Kelly Neis said...

very nice and your coloring is so pretty. lovely card.

Corinne said...

So adorable...love the colors. Your coloring is excellent. Everything goes together so well.
Hugs~
Corinne

Sandy said...

Such a pretty card - soft and sweet. The sentiment is perfect for this card!
Sandy Dehon

Barb Hardeman said...

Very pretty! That dp works so beautifully with the sketch and the colors you chose to do Tilda with. It all came together for a gorgeous card...hugs...Barb

Rene said...

Oh I'm in love...this is so pretty and simple and gorgeous!
Rene :D

Abbylicious said...

Soooo pretty, love your coloring and great blending!
Judy K.

Marlene said...

Gorgeous card, and nice job with the distressing, too!

Scrappinangler said...

Cute! She is adorable! Beautiful job.

Pam said...

Super cute card Christine! I love this Tilda and can't wait to receive my order. Fab Coloring.
Hugs from Indiana,
Pam:)

Christina C. said...

Gorgeous card.....wonderful coloring of this adorable image!!!

BananaStamper said...

Beautiful Christine! Fantastic coloring! Good luck at the dentist!

JustYolie said...

Super cute card!
I found you through Feline Playful and I'm now a follower.
Yolie
www.JustYolie.com

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous distressing and sweet coloring :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Berenice R. said...

Gorgeous card! :)

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Christine, so pretty, I love the little Tilda you've used and you have coloured her beautifully.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Mel X said...

Oooh, So pretty.

Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts. Good luck.

Mel X

Pam S. said...

so cute, so pretty Christine! So fun to see all these new Tilda stamps used!!! So glad you linked up to the ATS Magnolia Challenge! Thanks for playing!
Pam Going Postal

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...