Saturday, January 8, 2011

Birthday Tilda

While I am anxiously awaiting the upcoming Magnolia release, I consoled myself by playing with this new Tilda from the recent Magnolia winter kit!  She is so adorable!  I have no idea what her name is, since we won't know that until the new release comes out!  I've paired her with some Echo Park papers from the summer.


I did some experimenting and playing while I was colouring her dress.  It will be interesting to look back at this in a few months and see if I still like it or not!  :)


Copic Colours:
Skin:  E000, 00, 02, 93
Hair, shoes:  E30, 31, 34, 35, 37
Dress:  RV10, 21, 23, 25, 29
Balloon:  BG0000, 000, 01, 05
Shadow:  W0, 1, 3, E40

I am loving all of these bright and sunny colours, can you tell?  We are having a lovely snow storm right now, which will be followed by some beautiful highs of -25.  Yes, that is MINUS!  And colder.  Plus windchill.  If only it weren't for almost blizzard-like driving conditions, I'd ask who was preparing their guest room for me, time to head south!  LOL

Challenges:
Friday Sketchers: this fabulous sketch!
Just Magnolia:  Anything Goes
Magnolia-licious Highlites:  Recipe:  4 flowers, 3 patterned papers, 2 Magnolia stamps, and one ribbon
Rainbow Lady Challenge:  New (New Tilda stamp!)
The Pixie Cottage:  Punches (leaves & pine branch)
Papertake Weekly:  Anything Goes
Crazy Challenge:  All Things New (New Tilda)
Tickled Pink Stamps Challenges:  Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I appreciate the time you take to visit!  :)

**~~Christine~~**

31 comments:

martina's kaartjes said...

oh, she's very lovely ! great card, lovely colors,
greetings, martina
x

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Christine!
OMG! I couldn't imagine those temperatures. I would like to see snow but not if it is that cold.
I love your card. I would say that your experimenting paid off. Your coloring is fabulous. It's a gorgeous layout and awesome colors.
Hugs Maz

Kath McMahon said...

Isn't it amazing how much the weather differs from one part of the world to the other. Its summer here and we have the airconditioner on.

Your card is so lovely. I love the colouring, and Tilda is sooo cute.

Margreet said...

what a gorgeous card Christine....love your colouring...Tilda's dress is fab coloured...love it!
xxx Margreet

Sadilla said...

That's so cute and lovely... Tilda is so sweet... and the colour combo is great!
thanks for sharing at The Pixie Cottage
Hugs
Sadia

Cheryl said...

oh this is really gorgoues,love that tilda,and your colouring is just brilliant bless you for playing at the pixie cottage this week,love hugs cheryl xxxx

cabio's craft corner said...

She is absolutely gorgeous and adorable. Lovely and cheery coloring DP and precious card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Michele said...

Such a gorgeous card. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Penni said...

What a pretty card - I love the colours and the flowers are gorgeous.

Hugs
Penni
X

Barb Hardeman said...

Beautiful card Christine. Your coloring is fantastic and I love the cheery colors and layout you chose. This little gal is adorable...
Hugs,
Barb

wljp65 said...

OH she is CUTE!!! I love how you did her dress!! I can't wait for the new release soon too, I think I am going to burst with all this anticipation!

Wendy - daffygal

Becky said...

Beautiful card, she is adorable.
Stopped by from Felines, now a member.
Have a great day.

Card Crazy said...

Darling card. Can't wait to get this image. She's adorable.
Sue S.

Crystal said...

She is so adorable! I love how you coloured her & can't imagine you not liking it months from now! Great layout and love those flowers!

Rene said...

This is so bright and cheerful!!!! Just beautiful!
Rene :D

Cordine said...

It's a gorgeous card! I love how you have coloured tilda!
Hugs
Cordine

Cricket said...

Beautiful job on this card.

Carla aka scrappypug said...

Beautiful! What cheery colors too and your coloring is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage this week!

Shana said...

Oh my Christine the shading on the dress is crazy! I can't believe how fab she looks! Gorgeous!

LINDA W. said...

Beautiful card I love your coloring
HUGS Linda

Katie said...

Adorable card, love the papers and color choices!
Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week :)

Candy said...

What a great bright and cheery card! Look at all the wonderful layers of papers you have used and still, Tilda is the highlight of the card! Love your papers. Your colouring is fantastic!
Your weather sounds awful! Hope the 'blizzard' doesn't last too long.
Hugs, Candy

Pops x said...

Gorgeous card sweetie love the image really sweet, gorgeous colours and papers too, thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia this week, big hugs love Pops x x x

Netty said...

Oh, this is just adorable! I like your colouring style and the colours are lovely!
Thank you so mush for joinig us at The Crazy Challenge!

Tanya R said...

I just love this card. Simply adorable. Thank you for playing with The Pixie Cottage this week.
Hugs
Tanya

BananaStamper said...

Oooh, love how you colored her dress! Beautiful card!

KelsMakes!!! said...

Lovely! Thanks for joining in at The Crazy Challenge this week.

Marie said...

So bright and joyful! Love it to bits. I probably should bring my own new stamps out, shouldn't I?
Love n hugs,
Marie

Basslady said...

your card is sending many smiles on my face! delightful and super-sweet!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Sharon said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Christine. I adore the fantastic colours you picked and those funky papers really go with the Tilda image.
Thanks for joining us at the Pixie Cottage.
Sharon xx

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Another beautiful card Christine!! Your coloring on her dress is AMAZING!! Love how you really brought out the folds of her dress and again....love the dotted background!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...