Wednesday, December 1, 2010

So hard to keep secret! And a long story!

A few weeks ago I was thrilled and stunned to receive an email from All That Scraps inviting me to be their Guest Designer for the month of December!  I'm pretty sure that my dog jumped at least a foot in the air from my shrieking!  :)

Of all the months, it just *had* to be December, right?  lol... but there was no way I would ever say no to one of my favourite stamp companies!  

It was like Christmas and my birthday all rolled into one when my package of stamps arrived!  How exciting to open it up, knowing that I was one of the first people to get a chance to create with them.

After much angst trying to get my first card done just right, wouldn't you know that right before I was going to photograph it, something would happen?  Sure enough, Murphy's Law kicked in, big time!  One minute it's laid out all pretty, and ready to go.  The next?  Milk is flying through the air!  It was like a scene out of a movie, in slow motion.  A gigantic wave that sprayed across the room 6 or 7 feet, decimating everything in it's path.  Apparently my daughter lost her grip on her glass, and when she tried to catch it as it fell, she instead launched it forward!  My poor girl, I think she was more upset than I was!

Both of my kids and I hurried to see what could be salvaged, while the tears streamed down her face and dripped off her chin.  My little miss Molly, our dog, also hurried; determined to do her part to clean up the spill :p  The carpet is now well scrubbed, thanks to her!  My only question was how?  How did milk fly?  Milk's not supposed to fly.  Maybe it might get spilled, but fly??  LOL...

Please be reassured, no yelling occurred!  LOL... Maybe a bit of grumping and panic, but no yelling :)  All I needed was to know how it happened, and then I was ready to move on.

In the end, I was only able to salvage one thing from my card... the glittery snowflake!  Since most of it doesn't show and I had blinged the entire thing, I was able to trim off the wet parts and still use it.  Other than that, not a single scrap was usable!  Now is when I need to admit that my daughter does not get *all* of her stubborness from her father, just *most* of it!  I was determined that this was going to be my first card for my guest DT spot!  So here it was, 9 at night and I'm starting over.  The only saving grace was that all of the thinking was done, it was just a matter of duplicating.  In the end it came out almost the same... I wasn't quite as happy with the colouring and cropping, but I didn't have the same number of hours to play with it this time.  Please don't ask what time I finished!  (Okay, since you're so snoopy, it was 2AM lol)

And here it is, hopefully worth it!

This beauty from Sweet November is named Neva, isn't she gorgeous?  She should be available from All That Scraps right away!

Here's a closeup:


And the inside:

I can't wait to share the rest of my projects with you!  Hopefully there are no other incidents...  I'll have to lock them up in a safe place until they are all completed and photographed!

So, if you want to see a really bad photo of me, pop over to the All That Scraps blog and check it out.  While you're there, be sure to check out all of the new stamps being released this month!

Materials used:
Stamp:  Neva from Sweet November
Papers:  Bo Bunny
Accessories:  Spellbinders Snowflake Die, Labels 8, Dazzling Diamonds, Lg Die Cut Snowflake (not sure who this is from)
Copics:  skin-E000, E00, E04 (lips) plus chalk for blush.  Purples: BV000, BV00, V12, V17.  Aquas:  BG000, BG00, BG10, BG11, BG13.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!  Be sure to stop back for my Celebration Blog Candy that I will be posting later today!

**~~Christine~~**

Challenges-
Totally Papercrafts:  Untraditional Christmas
Mad For Markers:  Christmas + non-traditional colours
Tuesday Throwdown:  Embellish it

25 comments:

Fiona said...

well done Christine...I just love all those CC Designs...you probably know that. Have you seen our weather...it's getting a bit scary and my deliver for my DT post on Sunday hasn't arrived yet so I may need to improvise!!

Fi
x
Happy snow Day!!

alicaz said...

congrats Christine! I had to giggle when I read your excited post ;)
The fairy is wonderful - great color combo and coloring too!
Can't wait to see more!

Pattie said...

It's grogeous and congrats on the Guest spot! What a funny story, but as I know all too well...anything can happen!

Marlene said...

What an ordeal!!! Your card IS beautiful, though!

Ria said...

Congratulations on being our GDT for this month :) I bett you loved the new release :) hahahahaha

your card is gorgeouss :)
hugs Ria

Danni said...

Congrats on the guest DT!! and wow, what a story...glad you could salvage one thing. your card is wonderful!

Sue said...

Hi ya
aww sorry about the card, these things are sent to try us!! lol lovely image & colouring, beautiful papers & design, congrats on your GDS,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Card is very pretty - flying milk huh? lol Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Tracy V. said...

Congrats Christine!!! Those kinda invites are always so nice ;-) I wanted to thank you for the little surprise I received in the mail today. Thank you so much, she is adorable!!

Tracy V

Davi said...

Congrats on GT position!. Great redo :) Ive been down that road. Love how you colored the image and the beautiful dp! Thanks for sharing it with us at TT this week.

Crystal said...

Super exciting news Christine! This much explain why you emailed me back at 2am recently :)
Congrats on the GDT position, your card is beautiful! Love how you shaded the purple & love the glittery snowflake....I didn't know there was a spellbinders snowflake die :)

Annette Bowes said...

Congratulations on your GDT position Christine. Gorgeous card, cute image coloured beautifully (love the colour lol). Cringing at the flying milk, not the best of spills to clean up! Hope you have caught up on your beauty sleep lol!
Thank you for joining us in our Copic Colouring non traditional Christmas Creation Challenge over at Mad for Markers, have a Merry Christmas, take careX

HappyCrafter said...

Thanks for sharing a bit of your life, I could really see it...I'm super clumsy, so I would have been the kid who's milk went flying and my heart went out to your poor daughter.
Lovely card, I really like how you do the insides to coordinate. I keep saying I'll do that too.....
Take care!

Becky said...

Thanks for sharing. :) This is so lovely. Thank you for playing with Speedy's Friends.

Danderella said...

OH MY GOD YOU'RE THE GUEST DESIGNER AT ALL THAT SCRAPS!!!!!! Christine, I am so excited for you! Fabulous! Oooh! I wish I was there to give you a big hug! I'm so proud to call you my friend...I'll be showing you off all month! Yay!

Joanne Travis said...

I love the sweet snowfairy!
Thanks for sharing and for joining Speedy's Friends this week!

Karina said...

Oh Christine, what a story.. First, concrats to the GD for December! And your card looks so awesome!!! Just love it. The image is so lovely and can imagine how much fun you will have playing with those gorgeous stamps.

Lynne said...

Congrats on DT. Beautiful card love the papers beautiful colours and colouring. Lynne x

SuzanneK said...

Beautiful card, love the colour combo. Congrats on your guest spot too. Thanks for joining us at Mad For Markers. Cheers Suzanne x

Lisa M. (aka. Lisabee) said...

Well done, love! Congrats on your appointment and I hope you can balance everything without tipping over! LOL! Love the snowflake fairy!

Left you a bit of something on MY BLOG.

Michelle said...

Hi

Congratulations on your GDT position.

Oh dear, such a pain having to remake your card but I tell you, it is definitely worth it. Your card is beautiful. The colouring is perfect.

Thanks for playing along at Mad For Markers.

Michelle :-)

Lauren said...

Adorable! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown! We hope to see you again next week!

Lauren

Alicia said...

What a story and a very sweet card! Love your choice of non-traditional Christmas colours. Thanks for sharing your talent at Mad for Markers.
Alicia xx

Sammi said...

This is so sweet!!
Thanks for joining in at Mad for Markers :D
Sammi
xxx

Shana said...

You have coloured her amazingly Christine! I love the purple and blue with all that glitter! I am so happy that they asked such a wonderful person to be their guest DT - you deserve it!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...