Saturday, December 4, 2010

Did you know? (blogger beginners)

I haven't had any time to create this past week, so I thought I would post this tip instead.

Did you know that if you don't have your profile set to include your blog address, you may miss out on visitors to your blog?  If you leave a comment on someone's blog and they want to return the favour, they won't be able to find you unless you have your blog link in your profile.

When you view your profile (For example, by clicking on the 'view my complete profile' link, if you have this on your blog), if it lists your blog address, then people can find you.  If it's not there, click the edit profile link.  That will take you to the 'Edit User Profile' page.  Here, you can add your blog address in two ways.  Under the Privacy section, there is a 'Show my blogs' option that allows you to select which of your blogs you would like to show in your profile.  In the General section, you can also add your blog or website in the Homepage URL spot.

Be sure to click 'Save Profile' if you make any changes!

Hope that helps someone :)

1 comment:

Marlene said...

I always assumed that these people were trying to stay private...but you know, maybe you're right...they just don't know how to set it up.

I always try to reciprocate with comments or emails back to those who visit my blog - but when they have private profiles, it makes it impossible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...