Monday, December 6, 2010

ATS December Guest Designer, Week 1

As I was thrilled to announce on Wednesday, this month I am the Guest Designer on the All That Scraps store blog!  They run a weekly Guest Designer segment on their blog where I have to answer a bunch of questions about myself.  So if you'd like to get to know me better, you can head over there and check out my answers from Wednesday's announcement post, and today's post as well.  There will be more on each of the following Mondays in December.

I'll share one of them here :)
If you could only take 3 (stamping) things with you to a deserted island they would be:  Ooh, that would have to be my copic markers, my enormous stash of stamped images, and some Copic multi-liners (They’ll come in handy for writing messages on my paper scraps to put into bottles that wash ashore.  ‘Help!  Stranded on deserted island!  Send ink refills!')
 And now for the first of today's cards!  For this card, I used the adorable Sugar Plums Polar Bear that is for sale starting today!


He was so much fun to colour!  I used a medium that I don't think I've ever used to colour a full image with before:  Chalks!  Hopefully you can see in the close-up the wide variety of colours I've used on him for shading.  He's got pink, yellow, blue, purple, grey and black to give him lots of dimension, hopefully. :)


Now I need to run and walk my dog.  She's just home from a 4 day vacation with my in-laws, and is dying for some attention!  I'll be back later today with my other All That Scraps project for this week!

Challenges:
Cute Card Thursday:  The Blues
Stamptacular Sunday:  Blue, Blue Christmas
Paper Play:  Monochrome
Tip Top Tuesday:  Anything Goes
Christmas Card Challenges:  Monochromatic

Thanks for stopping by!  Don't forget to enter my blog candy while you're here :)

**~~Christine~~**

12 comments:

Danderella said...

Christine, what a cute card. That little bear has been calling my name all week during sneak peeks! I love the way you used the chalks...and actually thought "how did she do that with copics?" before I read that you used chalks. Heading over to ATS to read all about you! LOL!

Karina said...

What a sweet card you made, Christine. At the moment I like those winter themes even more than christmas themes. This icebear looks so cute and your colouring is superb. I also love how you made those trees with pergamano paper. Wonderful idea. I will take a look at ATS as well.
Hugs, Karina

Fiona said...

this is gorgeous Christine..I love the chalked effect I think it's perfect for that little guy...love the trees too. now must have a read all about you!!

Fi
x

alicaz said...

Awww, he's so sweet! Love how you used the chalks - at first I thought you airbrushed with Copics ;)
The velum trees look great too!

Marlene said...

Congrats on the GDT spot! your card is ADORABLE!!

brenda said...

Hi there

What a sweet card, love the vellum three in the background, they add wonderful texture and interest.

Thank you for joining in at Stamptacular Sunday challenge this week and good luck.

B x

Leslie Avila said...

Wow,
You've done a fantastic job. Who would've guessed you used all those colors! Great job!
Blessings from Georgetown`
Leslie Avila

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

How cute! That bear is so adorable and I love your coloring. Thank you so much for playing with us at Paper Play! :)

Vanja said...

Fabulous card! I love the image, great colouring.
Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)
Hugs, Vanja

cardcrazy said...

Such a cute card! Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges!

HappyCrafter said...

You did a fabulous job colouring this :-) I enjoyed reading your fun comments on what you'd bring to a dessert island :-)

Shana said...

Christine I am so amazed at how this little bear turned out! He's GORGEOUS! Love how you've torn the paper and added glitter to the edges!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...