Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Two days in a row? It must be Christmas!

Yes, that's right, another card!  I figure that it's time to panic now!  LOL... just 37 days until Christmas, and 10 of those are a total write-off for me, with 7 away from home!  This card is almost a total opposite of yesterday's Shopping Tilda non-traditional Christmas card! :)

I just love Christmas, and couldn't resist the newest release from Magnolia!  This card will probably be the first of many from this release!  I used the adorable Tilda with Fir here.  The sentiment is also from Magnolia.


I've added Dazzling Diamonds as snow on the tree, some copper glitter on her buttons, and puff paint on her fur trim.  I really wanted her coat to be burgundy, and I was decently happy with how it turned out, considering how fun red copics are to work with!  If you have a favorite burgundy colour combo, pretty please share it with me in my comments!  I'd love any suggestions :)

Challenges:
Stamptacular Sunday:  Sketch
All That Scraps Magnolia Challenge:  Christmas
Simon Says Stamp:  Sparkle and Heat embossing (heat embossed the puff paints)
ABC Christmas: X is for xmas
Going Grey with Scrap Creations:  Winter Wonderland
Simon Says Stamp and Show:  Whatever makes you happy (Magnolia, and Christmas!!)
Mark's Finest Papers / Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge:  Snowflakes
Sweet Stampin' Challenge:  Snowflakes
Totally Gorjuss:  Traditional Christmas Colours
Cute Card Thursday:  Anything Goes
Delightful Challenges:  Glitter it Up
Lili of the Valley:  Anything Goes
Pollycraft Challenge:  Glittery Winter
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge:  Just do it!

Thanks for stopping by!

**~~Christine~~**

35 comments:

Marlene said...

GORGEOUS card! What are these dazzling diamonds I keep hearing about? I want some! :)

37 days? WHAT?!!! Are you sure you didn't mean to write 137 days?!! AAACK!!!!

Rene said...

Oh don't take it down!!! It's so pretty!!! Such festive colors and she looks fantstic! :D
Rene

Pam S. said...

so cute! I like to throw in some E07 with my R20's to get a different red... seems to match BG's Eskimo Kisses red better...
Pam Going Postal

Card Crazy said...

Very pretty. Papers and trim are lovely and I really like the way you colored Tilda.
Sue S.

Pen to Paper said...

Cute! I love all the DPs you've used and Tilda with Fir is so cute. I really love her.

Hugs,

Jackie

Fiona said...

wow christine this is fab, love the layout and those papers are just delish!!

Fi
x

Iulia said...

That is such a beautiful card! I love all the details you added to the imageș especially the dimensional glaze for the tree. I love Cardinal Red which I discovered to work with nearly all reds.
Hugs,
iulia

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh how lovely! You've done a fabulous job with all of the details, the glitter and glamour. Beautiful work...hugs...Barb

Abbylicious said...

Your card is beautiful Christine, don't you dare take it down!!! Love your coloring, great job!
Judy K

Crystal said...

Love this Christine, great layout & I love the ribbon, snowflake brads and the puff paint on the jacket & hat. 37 days, really? God...please stop counting already as I just went into panic mode. I haven't started preparing at all :)

Nicola said...

Awe this card is just absolutely gorgeous Christine, love your colouring, papers and fabulous image. Sooo cute!
Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley, good luck in the DT´s individual candy and the Fabulous Grand Prize.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Christina C. said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Only By His Grace said...

Love this card and the red you have used. Love the DP's.
hugs Maz

Lorraine said...

this is absolutely gorgeous,thankyou for joining us at sweet stampin and good luck xx

Dan said...

Christmas isn't Christmas without red and green, at least not as far as I'm concerned - great job! :) The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Joanne Travis said...

I love your sweet holiday Tilda! Lovely layout too.
Thanks for joining Speedy's Friends snowflake challenge this week!

EELS said...

I love this card so much.
I would love to buy some puff paint but we don't have anything like that in Aussie land (I think)
Elaine

Kim said...

Your card is beautiful!! Please don't take it down, you are very talented. TFS!!

Catherine Atkinson said...

I think it's a darling card! You should be proud of how good it is.

Leslie Avila said...

I think your card is fabulous. Share your talent and please keep it posted!
Hugs,
Leslie Avila

jamiegee said...

She's adorable! You did a great job! Love the combination of papers and your coloring is great!

Hugs,
Jamie

Leonie said...

Wow really loving your paper combination! the graphic feel is fabulous and your Tilda is just gawjuss! Love it! thanks for joining in with our sketch challenge over at stamptacular.
Hugs Leonie

HappyCrafter said...

So beautiful! Love the traditional colours and that is another magnolia now for me to add to my wish list LOL! Have a great rest of the week, and good luck with your Christmas cards!

Gemma said...

Fab traditional christmas card! Great take on our sketch as well. Thanks for joining us at SSC this week and happy crafting. Gemma

alicaz said...

Wonderful card! Love the snowflake brads and your coloring is perfect!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Sprytebyrd said...

Lovely card! Great colors and cute image!
Thanks for playing with us at Stamptacular Sunday this week! Good Luck on our Sketch challenge!
Hugs
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot

Virgo5 said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Val said...

This is really cute, and I love the image. Thanks for joining the challenge at Sweet Stampin this week.
Hugs
Valxx

Lindsey said...

This is lovely!
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week
Linds x

Basement Stamper said...

Your winter wonderland card is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap-creations this week.

Peggy said...

Great card. Love the DP choices! Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Helen said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Great job with the coloring!! I really like those papers too! :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) I love this image and the papers are fab,, love those :-) her burgundy coat looks just perfect to me !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon says Stamp and ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...