Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fall is disappearing so fast!

Pretty soon, winter will be here!  I need to get a serious move on, to get some Christmas cards done!  But first, I really needed to play with some of the Magnolia fall collection!  I think this is one of the cutest releases yet!

It took me since last Friday to get this card finished... I need to start working faster!  I need to find more hours in my day!  (I had a little 'oops' that didn't help things along!  LOL... I ended up having to cut her out from my initial cardstock, thus the shadow behind her hair!)


The sentiment is a freebie that I snagged from Sentimental Sundays a while back!

I did a subtle halo around her, I'm hoping it will show up better in the close-up!

I kept this fairly simple, since I will be mailing it!  I didn't want to make the inside too 'thick'.

I've also decorated the inside top portion, but the photos didn't turn out well, I took these last night and it was pretty dark.  I may try to retake them later and add them in.

Edited to add:  The bench is by CC Designs, I picked it up from Paper Jewels on Jenny's last B2G1F sale, which is on again right now!

Materials used:  Cherry Tilda, Sentiment from Sentimental Sundays, Copic markers, My Mind's Eye DP's, PTI cardstock, Wild Orchid Flowers.

Challenges:
Just Magnolia - Sketch
Stamping Scrapping - Ribbon (and my Copic Markers)
Allsorts Challenge - Gold & Cream with a hint of red
One Stop Craft - Anything Goes
Copic Creations - Browns or Make a Scene
All That Scraps Magnolia Challenge - Fall with a Fold
Scrap-Creations- favorite technique (2 images together)

Thanks for stopping by!

**~~Christine~~**

42 comments:

Sheri said...

Oh Gosh!! First words into my head..."now, that is BEAUTIFUL!"
Thank you so much for joining us at SSCC!

Pattie said...

So pretty Christine and what a cute image! I love the halo around her and the embellishments are just perfect!

angel4031 said...

Soo gorgeous x

Christina C. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous....love the way you colored this cutie!
You showcased her magnificently.

Janiel/ janny said...

VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL!!!

Beautiful coloring!!
TFS, Janiel

Abbylicious said...

So pretty Christine, her coloring is so soft yet striking love it!!
Judy K.

Sharon Caudle said...

Absolutely gorgeous! This is one of my favorite color combos and your coloring is gorgeous!
hugs
sharon

LindaC said...

This is so pretty. I love the color combination! LindaC

Marlene said...

Beautiful card, and beautiful job with the coloring! WOW!

charlene said...

Very pretty love the color combo !
Hugs

sevi said...

very very sweet
greets sevi

tuaq said...

What a pretty card Christien
Hugs harma

Rene said...

She is so pretty! Your layout is just beautiful...the colors perfect...great job!

shelly said...

Beautiful card. I love your coloring and Tilda looks so sweet!TFS
hugs,
Shell

Corinne said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors you used. Your coloring is wonderful.
Hugs~
Corinne

brenda said...

Hi there

Yes, winter does seem to be coming very fast now.

A charming Christmas card, thank you so much for joining in my gold cream and red theme at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x
I have Stampalot candy here

Shana said...

Gorgeous Christine! Elegantly simple and perfect!

Kim said...

Beautiful card!! Love your layout and your coloring!! TFS!!

chrissy xx said...

LOve your colours. LOve your Tilda!
LOve everything.
Chrissyxx

Barb Hardeman said...

The is just delightful! I love the soft camel color you gave her dress and head scarf! Beautiful dp's and your embellishments are gorgeous!

Jodi said...

Very pretty and sweet card!! One of my favorite color combos! Thanks for joining us at Copic Creations!
Hugs
Jodi =)

alicaz said...

Love it Christine - great color combo and fabulous coloring!

Peggie said...

I love this card. Red is my favorite color. Beautifully colored.

The Bug said...

What a beautiful card! Great job! Love your coloring. Thanks for joining our ribbon challenge on Stamping Scrapping Challenge Cental. Hugs, Wini

Only By His Grace said...

OMG!!!! Simply adorable. The colors are stunning. So soft.
Hugs Maz

Lisette Morris said...

Such a sweet card! Love your layout and DP. Beautiful!

Candy said...

Oh I love your colour combinations. Beautiful colouring and great background. Fantastic card :o)
Hugs, Candy

Nana said...

Gorgeous card, Christine!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful work, Christine! Love your Tilda, your bench...your whole scene! The halo is perfect!
Thanks for joining in the Copic Creations Classroom

Cheryl said...

Beautiful work, Christine! Love your Tilda, your bench...your whole scene! The halo is perfect!
Thanks for joining in the Copic Creations Classroom

Cindy2 said...

I love this card. The layout is wonderful as are the colors. Great job. Thanks for sharing with the SSCC. C2

Mummylade said...

such lovely work and great take on the colour combo! Thank you for joining the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck.

Cordine said...

She's gorgeous!
Hugs
Cordine

Leslie Avila said...

I love the pop of red with the light tans! Beautiful! You've colored this adorable Tilda just perfectly.
Happy Friday~
Leslie Avila

Handmade by Vivi said...

very charming card!!
Thanks for joining us at SSCC!!!
xxx
Vivi

Crystal said...

This is so pretty Christine! Your colouring is FABULOUS!

HappyCrafter said...

Love this card, and that sentiment is wonderful, will have to go and find that one, there is always a use for Hope cards!!! Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Peggy said...

Very pretty. Great saying. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

cabio's craft corner said...

Tilda is as sweet as she could be. Such a pretty easel card with lovely flowers and DP. A beautiful card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Kristen said...

Super cute card. I love your technique! Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Pam S. said...

lovely card Christine! Your Tilda is adorable and so perfect with your sentiment! So glad you linked up to the ATS Magnolia challenge! Thanks for playing!
Pam Going Postal

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Love the halo background you did around her. She just jumps to life!! Your coloring is AMAZING. I could not love this card more if I tried!! :)

BTW- Can you share the copic's you used?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...