Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Trick or Treat! & Recipe of the week

It's almost time for Halloween costumes... my second least thing to shop for, after kids shoes!  :)  My daughter wants me to make her costume, eek!  If I get it done, I'll have to post pictures.  I'd love to hear what you're doing for halloween!

This week, Tilda is dressed up as a pirate and ready to sail the seas... or hit the streets for candy more likely!


For this card I've used my distress inks to watercolor Pirate Tilda and the Barrel, Skull & Anchor images from the Magnolia Fairy Tale collection.  I actually cut the Barrel, Skull & Anchor image into two pieces so that I could lay the barrel on it's side.

And now onto one of my favorite topics, food!  :)

This week's family favorite 'Recipe of the Week':  Mimi's Sticky Chicken!  This roasted chicken is amazing!  Perfect to cook on a cool fall or cold winter day!

Please note that our family favorite recipes are NOT my personal recipes, just amazing recipes I've found over the last 15 years of torturing my family with internet experiments :D  To see all of our Family Favorites posted so far, click here.

Challenges:
7 Kids Challenge Blog -  Sketch + Halloween + 2 images they carry (check, check, check!)
Simon Says Stamp - Halloween
Mark's Finest Papers Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge - Stripes
Fussy and Fancy - Halloween
Just Magnolia - 2 by 2's (2 patterned papers, 2 cardstocks, 2 Magnolia images, 2 buttons)
Totally Tilda - Halloween

Be sure to check out yesterday's post for details on our current Paper Sundaes challenge!  And keep your eye out here, blog candy is coming soon!

Thanks for stopping by!

**~~Christine~~**

24 comments:

Manuela said...

Beautiful card, Christine. ♥

Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge blog. ^_^

Hugs,
ⓂⒶⓃⓊⒺⓁⒶ

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the cute Tilda and the halloween colours.
luv
Debby

alicaz said...

Grrrreat! Wonderful coloring and colors too!
My DS wants to be a pirate for Halloween too!

sandy said...

Love this layout and all the different elements you have used --ahhh, to be a pirate at Halloween.
Neat card
Sandy D

sandy said...

Love this layout and all the different elements you have used --ahhh, to be a pirate at Halloween.
Neat card
Sandy D

KayBeHybrid said...

amazing card..
Hugs, Katrin

Barb Hardeman said...

Cute card, Christine! The layout is great and I love the deep purple!
Hugs,
Barb

Jane said...

Fabulous card! gorgeous colours! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp! hugs, Jane xxx

Danni said...

such a darling card!!

Rene said...

Yo ho ho! A pirate's life for me!
She's gorgeous!! :D

Marlene said...

Love that you did this in purples! Looks great!

Suzanne J Dean said...

So cute and I love the color combo!

hugz,
Suzanne

Julie said...

Very nice! I love the purple. Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids Challenge!

Julie

cabio's craft corner said...

Cool and awesome yet Tilda is so cute!!
Hugs,
Cabio

pink lady said...

This is fab Christine, love the colours you have used and Tilda as always looks fab! Good luck with the Halloween costumes...I've just bought a sewing machine but keep looking at it with dread about how I even thread it let alone sew anything with it!...hugs Shelly x

Leslie Avila said...

Super duper cute card. Only good things going on. Thanks Christine for sharing your Halloween card. Keep them coming.
Blessings to you~
Leslie Avila

Only By His Grace said...

Great card Christine. Love the colours you have used. Nice distress ink colouring. Thanks for comment on my card.
Hugs marion

~Denise Lynn~ said...

What a fun card! Love the pirate flag too! Thanks so much for joining in at JM this week, hope to see you back again next week! :)

Cor* said...

Yessssssssssss loving the creative use of the Pirate Tilda....way to think outside the bog ! Thanks so much for your Totally "Trick or Tilda" Halloween creation! Don't forget about our Traditional Christmas Tilda challenge also going on right now at the Totally Tilda blog!!! Hugs--Corry, Susie & the Totally Tilda DT

HappyCrafter said...

Such a cute card, Halloween really is coming up quick, especially if you have to sew a costume!
We don't have kids, so Halloween is pretty low key here. We either stay home and pass out candy, or go to an adults only party....my standard costume involves a long fuzzy tail I can attach to the back of my jeans with a safety pin and a headband with kitty ears :-)

Tineke's hobby said...

Fabulous card, love the cute image and the colours.
Thanks for joining us at fussy and fancy
Tineke

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card, little Tilda looks so cute in Halloween colours.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda for our special Halloween challenge
hugs Mandy & the Totally Tilda DT xx

Lynne said...

Fabulous card, love this image and the colours are great. Lynne x

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Cute Halloween card!! Love the black distressing ink you used!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...