Thursday, October 7, 2010

If the broom fits...

My hubby cracked up at how appropriate the sentiment was on my ATC card I made today... I think I should be insulted!  :D

Today I tackled my first ATC... and I loved it!  It was so much fun!  The broom was handmade by unwinding some SU cord, and then dipping the threads into a water and glue solution to stiffen them.  I then tied them around a wheat stalk (grabbed off the side of a country road nearby!) with a bit of metal wire.  The background cardstock got a solid coating of Tim Holtz distress crackle paint.  Here it is!


That gorgeous girl is from Tiddly Inks, and her name is Betty Belfrey.  I nabbed her at last week's sale, and I'm kicking myself for not getting tons more... I only got 8!  I did trim off a bit of her dress, and the rim of her hat, just for the sake of this ATC.  If I hadn't been gluing on my handmade broom in the spot where she holds her actual broom, I definitely wouldn't have cut off the brim.  The background is a freebie from Tiddly Inks, printed on Kraft cardstock.  Betty is coloured with Copics, with some shading done with Prismacolor pencils.

Now I want to make some more!  :)

Challenges:
Tiddly Inks Challenge:  ATC
Mad for Markers:  Digi plus markers
Simon Says Stamp:  Halloween
Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central:  Halloween plus Tim Holtz Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint
The Crafty Pad:  Halloween
Cute Card Thursday:  Make your own Embellishment

Thanks for stopping by!  2 more days until the weekend!

26 comments:

Sammi said...

Gorgeous ATC! LOVE it! the sentiment is perfect!!
Thanks for joining in our Colouring a digi challenge at Mad for Markers!
Sammi
xx

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh WOW!!!!! What a fab ATC! Love the sparlke background and real broom! Gonna lift that sentiment! xxD

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Fantastic!!! :) I love how you adapted it all to fit your needs and it looks so great!! Love the colors. :)

Debbie said...

Ooh love it - the sentiment is perfect. :)
Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week. :)
xxDebbie

CraftyMomOf2 said...

soooooooooooo cute!!! love it!!!

Danni said...

Love it!! How fun!

Marlene said...

Beautiful - and I'm crackin' up - LOVE THE SENTIMENT!

Norma said...

Christine, gorgeous gorgeous card. Love the image--she'a beautie--fabulous colouring. Your glittery background paper with the spiderweb pattern is to die for. Your 3-d Broom is totally fab.

Hugs.
Norma

PS. You won at colour create challenge! Woo hoo...

Carla aka scrappypug said...

This totally rocks... I got that image awhile back printed.. now just need to use it!

HappyCrafter said...

Fabulous ATC, LOVE that broom! IT is a neat challenge working with such a small space, you did a great job.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so fabulous and brilliant sentiment.
luv
Debby

Sheri said...

WOW! how fabulous is this?!?! Love, love the crackle technique on the cs! Thanks so much for join us at SSCC!

Lorraine A said...

this is just fantastic !! i love everything about this ,, brilliant :-)


thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

mforquer said...

This is adorable! I love that broomstick!!! Great job!

Loopylou!! said...

ooooh I love it, i love it, I love it!!!! just amazing, hugs Lou xxx

Hazel said...

A really beautiful ATC. You've made a superb job,& its hard to believe its your first.
Hazel

Debbie said...

Gorgeous.. loving that sparkle :)

Stephanie said...

Love it!! Thanks for joining us at SSCC!

Handmade by Vivi said...

your card is adorable!!!
Thanks for joining us at SSCC!
xxx
Vivi

Crystal said...

This is so awesome! Love the sentiment & what a fabulous image. Love the background & now I defintely want to get some of the Tim Holtz crackle paint!

Pattie said...

Oh she is so cute! I wish I had purchased more Tiddly Inks that day too, but it is what it is! Maybe they'll have another sale! Great job on your ATC - I love making them!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

WOW, love that broom you made, how clever and your coloring is awesome!!!

Vanja said...

Fabulous card! I love the broom.
Thank you for joining us at CCT this week! :)

Hugs, Vanja

Annette Bowes said...

He He Perfect sentiment, beautiful ATC love your sparkly background to. Thank you for joining us in our Copic Colouring a Digi Image Challenge over at Mad for Markers, hope to see again soon, take careX:)

Emma said...

This is Fabulous, LOVE it! I love your broom and that sentiment is fantastic! Thanks so much for joining us over at Mad For Markers!

bosenberries said...

Love the sparkle of this card!! Gorgeous! Robin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...