Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Halloween Break! & Recipe of the week!

Is anyone else getting a bit tired of halloween already?  LOL

Well, I survived my long day of work... 13 hours with only 2 - 5 minute breaks!  I ended up eating a bunch of junk while I was working, since I couldn't get away to eat anything decent!  Then I came home, tucked my munchkins in bed, and went to bed myself.  I managed to read at least one page in my book before falling asleep mid-paragraph, lights on and all!  :)

This morning I have a card I finally finished from on the weekend.  Something was bothering me with it, and I just couldn't get it done.  Yesterday I gave in and hit the scrapbook store, changed out one of the papers, and now I'm much happier!  Here is Traveling Tilda in pinks:


Here is a close-up:


Materials used:  Traveling Tilda by Magnolia, Copic Markers, My Mind's Eye papers, Charm from Bunny Zoe's multipack, Wild Orchid Flowers, Martha Stewart punch, Basic Grey pearls, Making Memories pins, Misc. lace and ribbon from stash.

And now for my (almost weekly lol) Family Favorite Recipe of the Week!  Please remember that this is not MY recipe, just a favorite recipe from the internet from my 12 years of torturing my family with new recipes!

This week's recipe is Basil Chicken with Pasta!  Please note that in our house, we add peas to the boiling pasta water a couple of minutes before the pasta is done.  It's wonderful with the peas in it!

Challenges:
Just Magnolia - sketch
7 Kids Challenge Blog -  Flowers + layers (Traveling Tilda)
Mark's Finest Papers - stitching
Charisma Cardz - Vintage
ABC Challenge - F is for Flowers
One Stitch at a Time Challenge - Embellish it (flowers, lace, ribbon, pearls, charm, pins, flowers)
Stampin' Royalty - ribbons
Stamp & Create - pink for BCA month!

Thanks for stopping by!

**~~Christine~~**

37 comments:

Pattie said...

I love this card Christine. It's so very vintage and very pretty in pink! So beautiful! I really need to buy a Tilda image!
Hugs,
Pattie

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

Thanks, Pattie! I could always send you some stamped images in the mail to play with! I have a few Tildas :D

KayBeHybrid said...

wow.. looks sooo fantastic.. love the colors and the vintage design..
absolutely beautiful.. ♥
Hugs, Katrin

Rene said...

Oh she is beautiful! Love those soft lovely colors...great job :D

Pen to Paper said...

Aww how cute. I love the color scheme and i really like this Tilda. Congrats!

Hugs,

Jackie

Fiona said...

wow Christine this is just stunning..great colour combo and Tilda is so pretty!!

fi
x

shelly said...

Really pretty Christine. I love the colors and you did a really great job! The lace is beautiful!
hugs,
Shell

Leslie Avila said...

Love, Love, Love your vintage card and your Tilda is shaded perfectly!

Hugs~
Leslie Avila

Lora said...

This is so pretty.
Love the colours you have used and of course Tilda is lovely.
Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week.
Lora x

Carol Ann said...

Awww very pretty card with some really lovely embellishments too. Thanks for playing along at OSAAT this week.
Carol Ann xx

Marlene said...

A simply GORGEOUS card! (Nice change from all the halloween cards out there, too, I agree!)

Danni said...

Beautiful card! Love the pinks!

Dena said...

OMG I hear ya on the tired of Halloween thing. I don't do Halloween so I can't wait for the whoopla to end! haha!
Your pink card is precious! I love all your extras. That lace is gorgeous!!!
Hugs, Dena

Christina C. said...

Your card is fabulous, Christine!
You colored this Tilda beautifully and showcased her to perfection.

Zoe said...

This is simpl;y divine Christine. I just love all the colours and I'm not sure which paper you swapped out but they all look beautiful to me. Gorgeous colouring on tilda. hugs xxoo :)

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, this is just gorgeous Christine. I love the soft pinks you used and I don't know what paper you changed, but the outcome is stunning! And yes, I'm fed up with Halloween stuff!!!
Hugs,
Barb

Vicki Dutcher said...

Sew sweet! Love your layout~ Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Chris said...

This card is just lovely, Christine! It is so soft and feminine. I love that stamp and the way you showcased her is perfect! Great job!

XO,
Chris

Virgo5 said...

Gorgeous, Love the colours!
Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

HappyCrafter said...

Glad to hear you survived your first day back at work! And this card is gorgeous! really like the papers you used, and the stitching looks great.

Lynn McAuley said...

Fabulous detailing on this sweet, sweet card!

Thank you, Christine, for sharing it with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's stitching challenge.

cabio's craft corner said...

Sweet card and love the pretty lace trim. Cute stitching on the edges :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Heidi said...

Gorgeous card. I love how you used the pins to attach the charm (at least I think you did) Thanks for playing the Stamp and Create pink/encouragement challenge!

alittlelessuseless said...

Thats one pretty card. Love the ribbon bow held with pins, what a cute idea.
Thanks for joining us at Stamping Royalty
Gardenia

Jennifer said...

What a sweet card. I love the pinks, and the lace with ribbon trim is gorgeous.
hugs

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Such a pretty, girlie card, love it!
Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week! Good Luck! Hugs Shell xx

Jane said...

Beautiful!!!!!

Teri said...

Darling card!! I love that image of Tilda!!! Love your color choices, totally ME!! LOL!!
Hugs,
Teri

Gemma said...

a beautiful card, the soft colours are so pretty. Thanks for joining in with this weeks challenge at Charisma! Gemma :)

Candy said...

Your card is gorgeous! Love it :o)
Tilda is coloured beautifully and your papers are perfect so you must have got the 'right' one at the store.
I love the lace and the way you have woven your ribbon through it!!
I don't think Halloween is as popular in Canada as in the States - we don't see much around here about it.
Hugs, Candy

Gemma said...

a really pretty card! Thanks for taking the time to join in with this weeks challenge at One Stitch at a Time! Gemma :)

Joanne Travis said...

I love the image, colors, coloring and embellishments. Beautiful job!
Thanks for sharing with us and for joining Speedy's Friends this week!!

Julie said...

Just beautiful. The colors are so soft and lovely, and darling TIlda! Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge!

Hugz,
Julie

ona_i_ja said...

Your card is beautiful. I love it (your image and fall colours are great).
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this time. Good Luck!!
Hugs,
Agnieszka

Manuela said...

Wow your card looks great! ♥

Thanks for joining us at Flowers and Layers challenge this week at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge blog. ^_^

Hugs,
ⓂⒶⓃⓊⒺⓁⒶ

Lacey Stephens said...

What a fabulous card! So sweet and special! Thank you so much for playing along with the Stamp and Create Pink Challenge. We have another great challenge for you this month: Christmas!! We hope you can play along again!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Awww, love the stitching.... and the lace and your bow!!
Love everything about it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...