Monday, October 18, 2010

DT call and off to work!

Tomorrow I head off to work for the first time in a very long time... hmm, what was I thinking?  Ack!  Perhaps I should go to bed?  I'm pretty sure I'm not going to sleep either way.   I have been such a bad blogger... I've kind of been feeling like I was run over a truck... did anyone catch the license plate number??  I did manage to sit and get a bunch of images coloured.  Maybe I'll get them made into cards this week.  Too bad I can't just post the coloured images!  LOL

If you haven't been over to Paper Sundaes in the last day or so, you might have missed our DT call!  We are looking for someone who loves to colour!  Maybe someone who is trying to grow their blog, or someone who is just looking to make some new friends :)  This might be someone new, or someone who's been around for a long time!  If you're interested, pop your name up over on Paper Sundaes, or send me an email!  :)  Just don't expect a response tomorrow (today?) :p because I'll be at work for 12 hours!

This week at Paper Sundaes we are challenging you to make a card for a little one!  I never have boy birthday cards in my stash, so I decided to use this adorable Robot Boy from our sponsor, Meljen's Designs.  I tried to keep it pretty clean and simple... I know my boy sure doesn't appreciate a bunch of embellishments!


The paper is by Kaisercraft.  The circles were actually punched out of a second piece of patterned paper from the same line as the grey.

Challenges:
Card Positioning Systems - sketch
Simon Says Stamp - recipe:  3 embellishments (brads, buttons, ribbon) 2 patterned papers (grey, circles) and one image
Crafty Calendar Challenge - Birthdays
Crafty Emma's - Male Birthday

Thanks for stopping by!  If I survive, maybe I'll see you on Wednesday with a card and another family favorite recipe of the week!  :)

**~~Christine~~**

14 comments:

Fiona said...

brilliant christine...I can't believe how fab that robot looks coloured..excellent job.

Fi
x

chrissy xx said...

Gorgeous card. Great image. Off for a coffe now lol Iv'e come over all weak now talking about work!!
Chrissyxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card hun, thats the one thing I struggle with when making a blokes card, I just wanna add bling & ribbon oh & a few flowers of course lol!
Thank you for joining us at CES Challenges this week! Good Luck! Hugs Shell xx

Pattie said...

So very cute! You'll be just fine! Have a great day!

alicaz said...

cute little boy card - you found great papers to go with the image!
Good luck at work! ;)

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous card :-)the image is very cute and the colours and papers you used are fab :-)


Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Lea L. said...

This is super adorable! Great job with the CPS sketch this week! ♥♥♥

Southern Moments said...

That image is to adorable..sweet card!

Mary
Scrap n' Stamp

Marlene said...

Ahhh...cute card! I hope life is slowing down a bit for you!

HappyCrafter said...

oh good luck at work! I hope it all goes well!!
This is a great b'day card for a boy. I agree, that it is a waste to put fi-fi decorations all over a boy/man card, I know my DH has set ideas of what's too girly :-) Take care and let me know how it goes with the job!

Sheena said...

A lovely card - the image is soo cute! Thanks for joining us at CES Challenge this week! Sheena xx

Kristii said...

Way cute!!! Love the little robot!!!

Liz, said...

Super cute card, thanks for joining in the fun at crafty calendar.

Liz x

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

This is a perfect card for a boy!! Love the number on there. I need to remember to do something like that for boy birthday cards, it's so cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...