Thursday, September 30, 2010

Wishing this was me! & Recipe of the Week!

Last weekend, my friend Jenny came up for a visit and a stamping day, and brought her wonderful, amazing, gorgeous (should I go on?  lol) stamp collection with her!  She had a bunch of the new Magnolia stamps, and I got to play with them!  :)  I was so excited to see she had Traveling Tilda and the suitcase with sign stamp!  Please bear with the overload of photos!


The suitcase is from a tutorial by Suzanne J. Dean that you can download here!


Here is the back of the suitcase, which has different stickers than the front.  They were miniaturized from some vintage artwork I found online.


Last photo, I promise!  A closeup of the front of my Easel card.


Oh, I wish I was flying off somewhere!  Sweden comes to mind for some reason!  :D

If you've made it through this far, you deserve a medal!  lol

How about instead, I share with you another family favorite recipe that we've discovered online over the last decade.  This week's Recipe of the Week is Honey Baked Chicken.  Yes, there is curry in the recipe, but I promise, it tastes good!  Don't let it scare you away.  If you don't like curry, use a mild one, that's what we do!!  You can reduce the butter a bit, too.  Let me know here if you try it and like it.

Materials used:  Stamps- Magnolia, details in post.  Flowers- Wild Orchid.  Papers- MME dp and PTI kraft cs.  Tag by Miss Cutiepie.  Medium- Tim Holtz distress re-inkers.

Challenges:
Magnolia-licious Highlites - card + backpack or suitcase
Just Magnolia - sketch
Stampin' for the Weekend - Tag it!
Fun With Shapes and More - Lace
Creative Card Crew - Bloomin' Marvelous
Stamp Something - Fun with Fall colours
Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Lace
Simon Says Stamp & Show - Distressed

Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

KayBeHybrid said...

STUNNING!!!
How cute is the suitcase? Really beautiful ♥♥♥

Hugs, Katrin

Sandi M said...

Very cute card and wow - that suitcase is so cute too!

fi's cards and crafts said...

wow christine this is wonderful, that suitcase is excellent...I wish I was flying somewhere too!!

Fi
x

Marlene said...

What an adorable project....love that little suitcase!

I may just have to attempt your chicken recipe....though I'm not even sure I like curry....but I'll take your word for it that it isn't strong, anyway.

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, so cute! You did a great job on both parts of this project! I love curry, so I just might have to give that recipe a try!
Hugs,
Barb

Aussie Loz said...

Oh, I too wish that were me ready to fly out someplace exotic! Love the little suitcase, and the colours you've used ♥

Lisette Morris said...

So cute!! I wanted to get this project done and ran out of time! You did a beautiful job!

Julie said...

Hey there! We are part of All Recipes too, so I will be watching for your family favorites. Thanks for sharing.

I love your card and suitcase! Too Cute!

Hugz,
Julie

alicaz said...

love the card and the suitcase is a really cool project!
Tried the recipe today - I was just thinking about what to cook for dinner when I read your post - checked out the recipe, had all the ingredients so I made it. I didn't eat it, but the family was pretty happy. Hubby said I could try and marinate the chicken in the sauce for some time, so more flavor gets inside ;)
I also made our favorite muffins today - here is the link for the recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/To-Die-For-Blueberry-Muffins/Detail.aspx
they work with any small fruit - made them with raspberries and my sister used pitted cherries.

Jennifer said...

Well done Christine, the card and suitcase are lovely. I have been meaning to try Suzanne's tutorial for the suitcase but haven't gotten around to it yet...this has reminded me. Love the little miniatures on the suitcase.
hugs

Crystal said...

Great card & suitcase Christine! How jealous am I that you got to hang out with Jenny & play - wish you guys were closer :)
Thanks for the recipe will have to try it out soon, sounds delicious!

Jenny said...

What a terrific set you created!! I love the suitcase :) I'm so glad at least one of us has had a chance to play with my stamps, lol!! I'm hoping to get to play this weekend finally!

Kathlene said...

First, the suitcase is absolutely wonderful and your easel card adorable. Super job!

Leslie Avila said...

Perfectly executed project. Loving everything about these. Please keep them coming! Hope you have a great day.
Happy Friday~
Leslie Avila

LynneForsythe said...

OMW...you made the suitcase...how AMAZING is that!

thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

Pen to Paper said...

Wow, this is very cool. I love the little suitcase! I really want to learn how to make one. Very cool!

Jackie

HappyCrafter said...

mmm, that recipe looks just right up my alley, will be trying it out!
Glad there are so many pics of your card and the little suitcase, I hate it when I can't get a close enough look at something interesting. This is super cute, and that little suitcase matches perfectly with the card.
Enjoy your weekend!!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Super cute card and suitcase. Love the brown tones. Thanks for the link to the tutorial. Terrific job on the distress/sand challenge. So happy you were able to join in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

cabio's craft corner said...

So cute & sweet set. Lovely elegant look and the flowers are pretty touch!
Hugs,
Cabio

Mummylade said...

what a fantastic project! Thank you so much for joining the SFTW challenge and good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...