Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tilda Sails the Seas and Recipe of the week!

Last night I stayed up ridiculously late and finished off this card using the summer Magnolia kit.


The background is coated with Rock Candy distress paint for a cracked glass effect.  The sentiment is actually a CC Designs one, called 'Summer Sentiments'.

Supplies: Magnolia Dangling Sea Tilda, Magnolia Sea Background, CC Designs Summer Sentiments.  Paper- Bo Bunny, Bazzill CS.  Flowers- Wild Orchid.  misc- Tim Holtz Rock Candy Distress Paint Medium- Copic markers


Challenges:
Just Us Girls:  Cracked Glass Technique
Just Magnolia:  Sketch
7 Kids Challenge Blog:  Recipe:  1 image they carry, 2 Patterned papers, 3 flowers
Totally PaperCrafts:  Let's Go Dotty (paper)
Cute Card Thursday:  Play on Words

About a week ago, I started a new tradition here on Running This way and That... to share a favorite on-line recipe with you!  If you would like to reciprocate, leave your favorite recipe in my comments, or post it on your blog and let me know here, and I will be sure to visit!!

This week's favorite family recipe is 2 for the price of 1!  :D

Chicken Enchiladas!!  We use a customized (not by me!) recipe from All Recipes HERE except I omit the salsa and peppers due to personal taste.  The whole family loves them, it's a miracle!

and...

Mexican Rice!!  We like to serve it with something on the side, and this dish is perfect!  Again, I omit the peppers due to low spice tolerance :D

Please let me know if you try it!  If there's no interest, I'll stop posting the recipes :)

To see last week's Cedar Planked Salmon, click here!

Thanks for stopping by!

**~~Christine~~**

25 comments:

Regina said...

Chris!! It´s absolutely amazing!!! I love the colors, the layout and your colorign is fantastic.
Regina

charlene aka scrappygma said...

adorable card !

Norma said...

Christine, just about everything on your is new to me. I don’t have this adorable Tilda image nor the wonderful background scene. I have never tried the crackled glass method. You did such a beautiful job with your card. Love it!

Hugs,
Norma

Danderella said...

Great card, I love that cracked glass looking background...oh, how I love the new Magnolias. I think it's time I planned a trip to Alberta to spend some time with you ladies and stamp some of your images!

My favorite quick dinner is as follows:
Bake 4 Potatos (med size)
cool to touch and then cut in half length-wise and hollow out, like for potato skins (leave a little potato on the inside to keep it sturdy).
Mix removed potato, 1/2 cup creamy cucumber salad dressing (or ranch if you prefer) and 1 can of tuna in a big bowl.
Scoop tuna mixture back into potato halves and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
Heat in over for about 10 min, until cheese melts and insides are warm.

These are great with soup!

Danielle

Dena said...

Christine! This is just beautiful! I love your crackled glass, it's perfect!
Thanks for joining Just Magnolia this week!
Hugs, Dena

Lesley said...

Wow, just gorgeous! So, do you still have my mailing address? Hahahaha!

Nancy said...

What a wonderful card, and I love that the cracked glass effect is limited to what you see out the porthole - perfect! Almost like what you would expect to see through the porthole on a very rainy day.

Lisa Andrews said...

beautiful card! Your coloring is just lovely! Love the idea of posting a recipe on your blog too, I just may have to participate in that. Thanks for playing along at 7 Kids

Lisa A

Christina C. said...

Chris, your card is stunning....I agree with the other ladies...love the cracked glass. Gorgeous!

Julie said...

Wow! Your card is fabulous! Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids Challenge!

Julie

Barb Hardeman said...

Chris this is absolutely adorable! I love the cracked glass look you've achieved on the porthole! Your coloring is wonderful. Gorgeous card...hugs...Barb

Stampin' Pam said...

Absolutely adorable - just LOVE your magnolia and the image! Thanks for gettin' crackin' with JUGS this week!

Jennifer said...

Wow Chris, fabulous card. I think you have achieved the cracked look really well. Absolutely lovely.
hugs

Candy said...

Chris - Your late night was SO worth it. Your card is wonderful. Love the sea background! Tilda is coloured to perfection too. Great papers and flowers.
Hugs, Candy

Lisette Morris said...

Great Card! The cracked glass is awesome! Fantastic Card!

scrappinpeg said...

wow Chris I love your card. GREAT JOB.

Kathryn B said...

This is absolutely beautiful Chris! i just love how you set her next to the porthole it looks fab!

Thanks for playing along with Just us girls this week!

Alicia said...

Oh My!!! this is so sweet what a great use of the crack glass technique.

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card :-) Tilda is lovely and the rock candied background is perfect :-) ,,, well worth staying up late for :-)

thanks for joining us on the TPC :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Andrea M said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the marine theme and your take on the cracked glass technique! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!

cabio's craft corner said...

Stunning creation Christine. Love the sparkly effect on the image :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Leslie Avila said...

Fantastic job, Christine. I love the shades of blue that you used and your Tilda is colored perfectly. Please keep your creations coming!
Blessings to you~
Leslie A.

HappyCrafter said...

Wow, this card is WONDERFUL!!! Love the porthole view of the ocean, this is a great combo of cute and scenic card, would love to see more of these!

Peggie said...

Great card. Love the blues. The cracked glass on the sea image.

BananaStamper said...

Just stunning! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...